Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
not low battery its the engine light
Yes, the low battery has triggered a "low battery" fault code, thus kicking on the engine light. It usually goes out (but is stored on memory)when the problem is fixed. The codes are retreivable by the dealer computer if you really want to know what its showing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue, a dead battery which I replaced followed by a Engine light that would not go out, I used a Snap on Ethos and found fault code P1101 which seems to be a Mass airflow sensor issue, I then stumbled across this thread did the Throttle Point Reset and it is now spot on, great tip.

Paul

06 King Pin

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I had the same issue, a dead battery which I replaced followed by a Engine light that would not go out, I used a Snap on Ethos and found fault code P1101 which seems to be a Mass airflow sensor issue, I then stumbled across this thread did the Throttle Point Reset and it is now spot on, great tip.

Paul

06 King Pin

Be very careful with using automotive scanners on a Vic. It can clear portions of the memory that will cause you major grief. The ECM will have to be re-loaded if you make one wrong move. This is not a guess. It is something I learned the hard way, and then re-tested later down the road; when I had the time to fix it on another bike.
BTW P codes vary by make, and there is no MAF on a Vic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi KevinX

Thanks for the update on the diagnostic thing, as they (polaris) put an OBD II port in there you would think they would have the decency to allow it to be read by conventional equipment???. I have to be honest I like the Victory apart from the corrosion on the mudguards, the crap lacquer on the front forks and the utterly stupid location for the voltage regulator, but I will not pay the dealer prices in the UK for simple servicing, if they are trying to generate some form of designer uniqueness mentality they are not succeeding??

Cheers

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts