Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Vic Kingpin with 40k miles, recently it started missing badly especially at low speeds, ive drained gastank thinking it might be bad gas or water but that wasn’t it, i replaced the injectors, new fuel line, new throttle body adapter that was dry rotted. , new spark plugs, Idles smoothly but as soon as I throttle up it stumbles and acts like it wants to die, doesn’t seem to miss as bad at high rpms. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Have u checked your battery connection to make sure they are tight

Reactions: Jim in Ellijay

·
Premium Member
15,316 Posts
Yes it has a brand new battery with good connections
How long after install did it start doing this?

If it's not the battery, and you need to take the terminal wires off, wire brush them clean, then reassemble to be sure you have the good connection it needs, then I would look at the plug wires and plugs. Cheaper to replace the plugs first. I used some Ford Focus wires on my 04 KP and they are still going strong. The key is the ends of the wires have to match your existing wires.

A better option is to simply buy a set from buywitchdoctors.com. I'm kinda cheap so I like to find cheaper alternatives if I can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If it's not the battery, and you need to take the terminal wires off, wire brush them clean, then reassemble to be sure you have the good connection it needs, then I would look at the plug wires and plugs. Cheaper to replace the plugs first. I used some Ford Focus wires on my 04 KP and they are still going strong. The key is the ends of the wires have to match your existing wires.

A better option is to simply buy a set from buywitchdoctors.com. I'm kinda cheap so I like to find cheaper alternatives if I can.

Yeah the set of oem victory wires $90, its got new plugs, same as original. That was probably going to be my next replacement though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the main circuit breaker located next to the battery.

The previous owner of my bike lived in Arkansas and I think he used to pressure wash the mud off the bike check the pictures and you'll see the corrosion inside the circuit breaker

by the way you can get the exact part from Amazon

I fought this issue for months trying different remedies

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That's pretty rusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts