Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 XCT with 25,000 miles and am beginning to have a recurring problem. After riding in heavy stop and go traffic; once stopped for a brief period the engine will not start again till it has cooled down. Has anyone experienced this same issue and or any idea what the cause of the failure is, vapor lock; coil issue... etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
main breaker, probably. It'll continue to trip until you replace it. Sometimes when they get hot they let go. I've been lucky enough to have the issue. Coil failure is possible, but unlikely. Vaporlock...probably not. If you got gas with that much water in it, it'd run like crap all the time.

just search "40 amp circuit breaker" and you'll get a ton of suggestions and repair advice, and links to parts.

I know @RICZ was telling me his croaked just last summer after a particularly hot ride in northern CA.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
If its the main breaker, EVERYTHING will be dead. Even the speedo and tach needles will freeze where they were when the breaker tripped. The OEM breaker has a bad habit of not resetting and a replacement one bought at an auto parts store is a wise choice.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a 2012 XCT with 25,000 miles and am beginning to have a recurring problem. After riding in heavy stop and go traffic; once stopped for a brief period the engine will not start again till it has cooled down. Has anyone experienced this same issue and or any idea what the cause of the failure is, vapor lock; coil issue... etc...

Thanks
Where are you located?

·
13,263 Posts
if it was vapor lock you could open gas cap for quicker cool down. But I don't think EF gets vapor lock cause the fuel pump will still have strong pressure.

NAPA sells the 40 amp breaker p/n 7823116.

you could have loose battery bolts. 10mm wrench to check them.

Someone ask this before and I think Kevinx said it was starter not engaging

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
if it was vapor lock you could open gas cap for quicker cool down. But I don't think EF gets vapor lock cause the fuel pump will still have strong pressure.
Yeah, vapor lock would be really unusual. I'm with Johnny on this one. electric fuel pumps run at 60 PSI would keep any water in the line from vaporizing, even at higher temps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same thing happen pulling into Sturgis a couple of years ago. Stop and go traffic for 30 minutes. Pulled into the driveway, killed it and had to restart a moment later. It turned over, but wouldn't start. I Let it cool and it fired up like a champ.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: depot picker

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts

Thanks
Inbuilt safety feature is my guess, stop you totally wrecking the motor.
Personally if I'm stuck in traffic I'll split lanes to keep on the move, or kill the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts