Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got oil smoke on startup after the bike has sat for a while, therefore I'm removing the engine from the frame on my '03 Vegas to take a look at the valves and seats. I've got a service manual and as good as it is it doesn't explain how to remove the injectors from the cylinders. There's a mounting bracket on the fuel rail that's attached to the injectors but according to the manual the only thing injector or throttle body related to remove are the (electrical) connectors.

According to the manual I shouldn't have to remove the throttle bodies or fuel rail. It seems odd that the injectors are simply resting in each cylinder, held in place by the mounting hardware to the fuel rail. Can someone explain how the injectors are seated in each cylinder? And how to safely remove them before I start pulling the engine mounts and removing the engine? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tarzan. I don't have the manual in front of me, I seem to recall that the throttle bodies don't have to be removed, I think there's two mounting bolts for the fuel rail, one for each injector. The manual says nothing about having to remove throttle bodies so I'm hoping it goes well. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts