Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 07 Victory Hammer back from the shop. Got an oil change, New plugs, check all and when I took it from the shop it is running totally different. It seems sluggish and like the motor is restricted. It was purring like a kitten since I bought it 5 months ago! The shop mentioned that I had what sounded like an exhaust valve sticking in front cylinder but didn't think anything of it cause it seemed to run fine when I dropped it off. It has something definitely wrong! Please help me figure this out. Any Ideas????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check your oil level. Did they over-fill it?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Take it back and tell them they screwed up your motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
Did they wash it and got water in your air box ?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KurtisV

·
Registered
100 Posts
Would over filling cause it to bog down in all gears?
I'm not a mechanic, but from what I understand, overfilling the oil can cause the pistons to come down into the overfilled oil. Yes, this would make your engine sluggish and can even cause damage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well FYI to all of you , I took my bike back to shop and they couldn't find anything wrong and claim it was running like this when I brought it in. I will now learn to do my own maintenance from now on. I am also going to try and find a good mechanic near me to take a look at it over the winter. If anyone knows a good respectable mechanic in the South Denver area please let me know! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I new one there, but he lives in Texas now. In Colorado Springs there use to be a couple of good Victory mechanics at what use to be the Victory dealer. I believe it was the Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza. That's a little south of you I know, but a straight shot on I-25.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I new one there, but he lives in Texas now. In Colorado Springs there use to be a couple of good Victory mechanics at what use to be the Victory dealer. I believe it was the Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza. That's a little south of you I know, but a straight shot on I-25.
I will check them out.thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well FYI to all of you , I took my bike back to shop and they couldn't find anything wrong and claim it was running like this when I brought it in. I will now learn to do my own maintenance from now on. I am also going to try and find a good mechanic near me to take a look at it over the winter. If anyone knows a good respectable mechanic in the South Denver area please let me know! Thanks
Good for you! IMHO, every motorcyclist should carry a couple of tools and know how to use them. At minimum, you should know how to change the oil including checking the oil level in the bike you are riding. This gives you less opportunity to become stranded. Sure, we all carry cell phones and AAA, but it sucks to spend all that money on the tow truck and time waiting for it when you could have tightened that battery cable yourself.
Check the oil level. Report back what you find.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,866 Posts
Possible they filled oil with bike on side stand not checking it vertical.

Reactions: yago20

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
Thanks for the follow up information, yes get the bike to a vic mechanic and add some bolt-on goedies while your at it ... Then ride that beast ...

Torque tubes
Under Drive Pulley
Rev limiter removal

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts