Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched through all the forums here but have not seen someone describe the noises I hear on my 2007 Kingpin 100". I'm editing this post from the original because my initial description was wrong. It is not an engine noise after all. I've had the bike for 1 year and put about 4K miles on it. It has about 14K miles total. I recently aligned the drive belt and I believe I got rid of the belt chirp that was also happening, but I still have a squeak that is very noticeable at street speeds but I can still hear it at highway speeds. It sounds like mice playing (I'm not joking). The noise goes away when the clutch lever is pulled in or when coasting in neutral with the clutch lever released. I took it to the dealer last year and they didn't hear anything. That was a hot day and the noise does seem to be less when the bike is warmed up or on a hot day.

So maybe it still is a drive belt noise. I aligned the belt per a 2008 shop manual. My belt tension measures about 1 1/8" at 10 pounds pressure. The 2008 manual calls for 1 1/4", I don't know what 2007 belt tension spec is, so maybe my belt is too tight although I think it is at least aligned correctly. Are there any other parts of the drivetrain that could cause my mouse squeaks?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts