Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Victory V92C that has been sitting for about 2 years. when i got it i ripped it all down and cleaned the inside of tank, all fuel lines, air box, throttle bodies, replaced fuel pump because existing one wasnt turning on at all, brand new battery, new oil change, cleaned all sensors. Only thing i havent replaced yet is the spark plugs but i did test existing spark and it looked good. Also while i had the fuel rail off i test the injectors and they both sprayed gas smoothly. I also installed a clear fuel hose so i can see the fuel flowing and its new and clean. I have reset the TPS with the slow roll of the throttle method and the BandE pins method. After all of that i got her fired up and running. took a little messing around with the idle screw and throttle cables to get her starting and idling at about 1000rpm. So what i have noticed now is 1. it has a running idle where i wont touch anything and it will randomly spike up to 2000rpm but then drop back down. and 2. when riding the bike the second i go to give it some solid throttle it back fires and power cuts out and sounds terrible. there is a check engine light on but obviously dont know what for. Just looking for some more suggestions on what else to check or double check or if someone else has had problems like this and found a fix. anything will help because at this point im at a lost on what to check now and i dont really want to just start replacing sensors or possibly the ECM if i dont have too.

I also tested the TPS with a multi meter and throttle closed it was at about .750 volts and full throttle was at like 4.72 volts. i did the slow roll up and back and voltage increased and decreased smoothly so it seems the TPS is in good condition.

Also there was one moment i had it started and road it and the power was there through every gear and it felt great and i thought i had it all figured out but then the next time i went to go ride it the problem came back and it hasn't ran good again since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 04. I have checked everything I can think of and it all checks out ok so im kinda at a loss. I have had a King Pin and 1 Vegas and 1 Vegas 8 ball and never exp. this kind of issues. I am curious to see what kind of responses you get.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
It could be something as easy as bad fuel.

·
13,262 Posts
Go get battery load tested ya I know you think its good but get it checked. Add lock washers to each battery bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Glad you got it straight without a big repair bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 Victory V92C that has been sitting for about 2 years. when i got it i ripped it all down and cleaned the inside of tank, all fuel lines, air box, throttle bodies, replaced fuel pump because existing one wasnt turning on at all, brand new battery, new oil change, cleaned all sensors. Only thing i havent replaced yet is the spark plugs but i did test existing spark and it looked good. Also while i had the fuel rail off i test the injectors and they both sprayed gas smoothly. I also installed a clear fuel hose so i can see the fuel flowing and its new and clean. I have reset the TPS with the slow roll of the throttle method and the BandE pins method. After all of that i got her fired up and running. took a little messing around with the idle screw and throttle cables to get her starting and idling at about 1000rpm. So what i have noticed now is 1. it has a running idle where i wont touch anything and it will randomly spike up to 2000rpm but then drop back down. and 2. when riding the bike the second i go to give it some solid throttle it back fires and power cuts out and sounds terrible. there is a check engine light on but obviously dont know what for. Just looking for some more suggestions on what else to check or double check or if someone else has had problems like this and found a fix. anything will help because at this point im at a lost on what to check now and i dont really want to just start replacing sensors or possibly the ECM if i dont have too.

I also tested the TPS with a multi meter and throttle closed it was at about .750 volts and full throttle was at like 4.72 volts. i did the slow roll up and back and voltage increased and decreased smoothly so it seems the TPS is in good condition.

Also there was one moment i had it started and road it and the power was there through every gear and it felt great and i thought i had it all figured out but then the next time i went to go ride it the problem came back and it hasn't ran good again since.
I

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I flushed out fuel tank and changed plugs cleaned throttle body and it ran good all day. Thanks guys...............
i already flushed and thoroughly cleaned the inside of the take and put brand new gas in. but im waiting for the new plugs soooo fingers crossed its something as stupid as that.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
spark plugs are cheap, just change em

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Changed plugs finally and she fired right up and I road around the block a couple times, check engine light turned off and everything seemed great until out of no where check engine light starts flashing again and power cuts out and bike sounds like crap again. It’s like most the time it runs fine until it gets hot and then loses power, backfires, cuts out and doesn’t start anymore. 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 13 of 13 Posts