Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,342 Posts
Who knows maybe all that moving stuff around to check it fixed it. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
15,775 Posts
No tuner. Everything OEM, well except mufflers They are the Jones glas packs installed in the OEM tubes. Preformed every test for IAC (plus its new) TPS and MAP sensors. Tested all wires connected to those devices per the shop manual. All good. Battery New and 12.7vdc key off 12.2 key on engine off. Engine on charge @ 14.7, AC voltage across battery running switches from 0 to about 19vac. Voltage drop battery ground to chassis ground around 10-12mv and a little less on positive to like the circuit breaker both sides. Not positve on those as they were way less than a volt so I skipped writing it down. Put it all back together and took for a 10 min or so ride and it seems OK. But it did before too. View attachment 254960
I was thinking maybe a Power Commander tuner might be going bad but it sounds like you have fixed it if it's running fine now. That's what counts.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yea no tuner. I really dont care for them. I feel as thought the bike has way more power than I need. I tried for about 6-8 months to run it with O2 sensors disconnected to richen it up to run a little cooler. But didnt feel as though it was doing that so I hooked them back up. I was kind of think also unplug and replug maybe it reset connection or something. I always hated a CND.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
ARGH Its back. Has ran fine for a week or so. Today on way home started this dying at idle thing again. I did the IAC reset and it seems to be OK for a little while. Almost like it somehow losses its setting.

·
Premium Member
15,775 Posts
ARGH Its back. Has ran fine for a week or so. Today on way home started this dying at idle thing again. I did the IAC reset and it seems to be OK for a little while. Almost like it somehow losses its setting.
Makes me wonder if the computer is going bad.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
That is definitely odd.
I know you mentioned replacing IAC.
Wondering about wiring. Poor connection. Wire broken inside insulation. Wire that rubbed through and is grounding out. Something like that.

You do any projects on bike before the issue started?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ran the full shop manual diagnostics. Refernce voltage good @ IAC, TPS. OHM wires to both from ECM . I had same thought. Only other thing and it checked OK is charging. Although it did show a a/c voltage flux of .2 or something. I forget I have the sheet at office. I have been thinking maybe throw the 35 bucks at a volt regulator. If its an ecm I think Im screwed. Probably looking at close to 800-1000 bucks by time you find a Indian dealer that wil/can do it and parts.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
eBay used ECU.
Those rarely go bad though which still makes me think wiring or connector issue.

Did you wiggle around wires when doing your tests?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Agreed ECM is usually the lasthing in TS scenario. No rubs uou can see all wires look good and tight in connectors. OH yea and checked out the MAS sensor too. If it has to do with running I have ran the test except coils, but they normally puke when hat and under load, which is almost oposite of what this is doing.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So it was last day before Thanksgiving break for my class. We had spare time and I broke out the DMM and took one of my students and we Ohmed out the stator. Also did the RR and diode test on it. All that checked OK, but ran the charging system test again and it just dont like the A/C voltage {I think} flux. So I think I'm going to order up a RR after I get moved to new house next week.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts