Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,699 Posts
I assume you have already tried completely disconnecting everything added on including that air horn?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
You really need a helper so one can be revving the engine while the other wiggles wiring.

Assuming you can get it to do it while sitting still.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Kill switch checks good. I have pulled the horn and moved some wires around to check for chaffing. I have an idea I am working on based on what I have for wire diagram.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Kill switch checks good. I have pulled the horn and moved some wires around to check for chaffing. I have an idea I am working on based on what I have for wire diagram.
I posted the full wiring diagrams for 2012.
Not sure if same for your year but it might be useful.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I did see that thank. Have not got around to download them yet. This limited support is making me lean towards a change in bikes.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I understand. Until you can do it on demand you stuck throwing money at guesses. :(

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I think I may have run across something as stupid as it may be. I pulled the 10a ignition cb and had to "make" a 10a fuse work, but bike ran for like 10 minutes without shutting down. So for 10 bucks I ordered one up. Hard to belive I could not find one in stock here at any of the 5 different stores

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I thought you already checked all the fuses?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Fuses and swapped relays around. But this is the long gold jobs of which no 2 are same rating.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Well put fairing back together and still have same problem. Anyone know why the ignition system runs thru the freakin turn signal flasher?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I don't recall seeing that on the wiring diagram but I'll have to give it another look.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yea trying to get a print out big enough I can see is aB. But chassis diagram flasher pin 8 and 9.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Diagram

Does certainly look like a busy area...
I assume you have already tried replacing that part?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Well @ over $100 bucks for it and $110 for CPS I cant just throw parts at this. Think next I am going to check power at that pin on start up and see if it drops out. That to me would indicate a bad resistor or something inside there possibly. Drops voltage then no more signal to whatever is on other end?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Where to start? Obviously this is way different now than when your troubles started last year so I think it's prudent to begin with the basics again.

From your description just so I'm at the right place here, the bike shuts down and dash and lights flicker off and back on rather than dim so you are momentarily loosing power totally but then it immediately comes back. It's just not stalling out like a lack of fuel or turning off like a kill switch would do.

Places I'd start is the power which you've done. Throw in a quick check to the breaker if you've not done that yet just to check it off. With as much as you've had apart, confirm all the connectors are good and tight.

If you know someone with another bike, swap the flasher relay that some druggie engineer designed and wired up. It's not worth buying a new one yet just to prove it. Strange, but hold in the clutch lever.

What I find odd is momentarily loosing power all together. One of the normal control methods should ground out a feedback signal from a sensor to the ecm and just quit firing rather than totally interrupt the power.

On a related note, do you have the part number for the IAC that works from a Razor?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Yes IAC problem fixed. I do have to cross over number somewhere, I'll try to locate tonight. One thought a co-worker had was while running pull the 10a cb and see if dash/lites etc mimic issue. Also check how much voltage at that flasher to engine power supply and see if it goes away when it dies. Maybe try to disconnect flasher and see results. Do not know of anyone with same bike locally.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Polaris RZR XP 900 2011-2014, RZR XP 4 900 12-14,

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I agree meeting up with someone to try a different flasher or just unplug the thing and see if bike runs.

Unplug every fuse and plug them in one at a time to rule out anything accessory related.

I really hope you figure this out because whatever the cause it's something all of us will have to watch out for as our bikes get older. Plus you really need to get some ride time. :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
So it seems as though when I turn high beam on it is more prone to die. But on wire diagram I see absolutely no reason for it to effect engine performance. Also while I was studyin up the diagram I was following the wires from the left hand control for the high beam. And unless my eyes are way worse than I think, one of the high beam wires on the diagram goes to the right speaker.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Your eyes must be worse than you think.
I see nothing going to speaker on diagram I'm looking at. Pin 3 goes to the high beam. Pin 1 is a wire with multiple splices, but it's power coming into switch for headlight.

Your left controls lot of those wires go through the turn signal relay you already suspect having issues. Maybe check connectors?

Lot of this seems like you have a bad ground somewhere. There are a lot of ground and digital ground on the bike. Not really sure what digital ground is supposed to mean.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts