Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened several times in the past after I had just filled up with gas. It would usually stop if I turned off the ignition and restarted. Last week after about 1 hour of freeway driving, and now in traffic, it started again. Also noticed jerking of the bike (lunging forward) when I had the clutch fully pulled in. This was not related to a full tank of gas or the bike being cold. Has anyone had this happen?

Russ
09 Vision with 10K miles.

·
13,003 Posts
first off check battery bolts with 10mm wrench. You hand will lie to you so use the wrench.
If bolts are tight ride it to a battery store and have them check battery 6 years old it might be dieing.
If none of that is bad then I would rent a fuel pump tester and check yours 49 psi and over is good.
If thats good pull dash panel and check wires going into ing switch. Even pull them and put some grease on them.

Keep us updated please

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine surging

Thanks Johnny, I got home and battery was to weak to start it. (One week since last ridden). Tightened bolts and charged. Started ok without surging, (but that has been intermittent). Will check the battery, but since it is 6 years old, I'm sure I need a new one.

Will let you know if the surging returns.

Thanks

Russ

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike started right up this morning after tightening battery terminals and trickle charge last night. Stopped for gas on my way in and battery was dead. Got a jump and brought to dealer and they got me a new battery installed. So far, It feels like I got more power and no surging at all. Will keep a close check on it and let you know if the surging returns.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts