Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if a 2012 engine will fit into a 2003 frame? I believe all the engines are the same for any model? I would like to put the 106 -6 speed in my 2003 touring cruiser. Also will the wiring also work or ?

·
13,262 Posts
as far as I know NO call Rylan at the Vic shop and ask him for details.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Can anyone tell me if a 2012 engine will fit into a 2003 frame? I believe all the engines are the same for any model? I would like to put the 106 -6 speed in my 2003 touring cruiser. Also will the wiring also work or ?
All the 92" up to the 2006 engines will bolt in with minor tweeks - anything else would possibly involve more cost than buying a 106"-6 speed that comes with the bike it's attached to.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think you would need the wiring loom and ECU as well. I'm pretty sure the Vic shop did the swap and posted the details on another forum.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
The guys at the Vic Shop are TOP NOTCH... He spoke with me on the phone for about 30 minutes about my exhaust project I was going to do myself. The fact that he took his time to talk to me about this knowing there was a huge possibility build these on my own is something that isn't found in business now adays... it was VERY refreshing to know there are still great small business in the world! That being said that conversation has solidified me as a future customer from this day forward. YAY VIC SHOP!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts