Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trans is showing the beging signs of it's possible demise. So I'm thinking about a engine swap. I know most go with the 2002 and up V92. These engines seem to be getting more reasonable on Ebay But with all the other parts i would need to do the conversion could be more than i want to spend. So my question is what about the 2001 engine? Did the 01s suffer from the same trans issues. The reason i was thinking 01 is because it's a direct swap and should be able to pick one up very reasonable. I really
want a newer bike but that's not a possibility for the next couple years. So what is the deal with the 2001 engines.

for the guys on the forum that have done the 2002 and up conversion what is the total cost parts needed. If you don't mind sharing.

Thanks

·
13,038 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
The original fix kit for the 99-00 grenaded transmissions was indeed an 01. The 01 was a clunky tranny, like all the early Vics but it lasted. I know one fella that last I knew was at 150K miles on his original 01 motor / tranny, all good.

Later on, the 03 transmission ( Fuji Heavy Industries) was used to repair the failed 99-00 units. That was a good fix as well. I had it done to my 99 and it was ~$3000. It hurt bad, but the bike was sweet enough to suck it up and git r done. I just loved that motorcycle.

If you can find an 01 engine, and money is tight that'd be a good way to go for you IMHO.

All the best.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the reply delay and thanks to all for your info. I have a love, hate relationship with this bike. It's a great bike overall but man that trans is always on my mind, Is today the day it's gonna crap out on me? other than that i would ride it anywhere.

I guess i will have to make the decision when the day comes.
but for now I'm going to ride the hell out of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see there is a shifting up grade of the shifting . it might quite the 2 to 3 and 4 into3 rd still have to split cases .
shifting forks with a +/- built-in . it is the old Harley way to quite loud shifts
look for in-put

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I see there is a shifting up grade of the shifting . it might quite the 2 to 3 and 4 into3 rd still have to split cases .
shifting forks with a +/- built-in . it is the old Harley way to quite loud shifts
look for in-put
What?

G'day,

Vinish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts