Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 03 deluxe cruiser i want to swap to a 06 hammer v100 6 speed what problems may arise

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
The Vic Shop should be able to help. I'm stuck on mine so I'll be calling Rylan this week.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Welcome,
just tryna have a better look at that bike of yours but the avatar pic well , its an avatar pic.
Show us your bike?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Old post I resurrected.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
KevinX helped me out. I did a 2012 engine into a 2010 Cross Country. I was told by someone else I needed to swap the ECM from 2012 into the 2010 bike to match the engine. That was incorrect. What I needed to do and therefore did, was swap the transmission indicator sensor from the 2010 into the 2012. All worked well after that. Thanks Kevin!

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
This is definitely something good.... Kevinx is the master,

So when will you be able to ride the bike?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
426 Posts
From what I understand its not cheap. Unless you are seriously attached to that bike its easier to sell it and buy a 106 model. Rylan has some info on his site blog about that. Looking around $5,000 bucks.

"Since 2003 there has been an update where a 2003 transmission could be retrofitted into a 1999-2002 case. The “kit” was discontinued about 2009, but parts are still available to al-la-carte to convert your old transmission to the newer, better 2003 style. Expect to pay in the area of $4500 parts/labor/tax to do this conversion here at the Vic Shop.
Engine swaps:
The next natural question you’ll have is: can I swap in a later model engine and transmission. Maybe even a 6 speed? The answer is: Yes. The Vic Shop specializes in swapping 2003-2005 92-inch 5-speed engines into the older models. We can also do a 100inch 6-speed conversion for a bit more money. Again, expect to pay in the $4500 parts/labor/tax to have the 92/5 conversion done. Add another $1000 to do the 100/6 combination. Also keep in mind that the donor engines are coming from motorcycle wrecking yards, and finding a suitable donor can sometimes be an issue."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts