Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I fell in love with the Magnum X-1 and after much debate decided to pull the trigger. I pick it up on Friday and cant wait. I loved my Kawasaki Vaquero but have to admit the X-1 really pops. I got my mod list started (which is typical for every bike or car I've ever owned). On my list is cams, controller, exhaust, some sort of wind control, passenger backrest. I got a great deal on the Platinum white 2017 along with a bunch of Arlen Ness goodies: Boards, pegs, air cover, grips, engine cover and mini apes. Cant wait to pick it up and ride!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Welcome mate, can't wait to see the picture when you get the bike....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome & congratulations. I'm a Victory rookie myself and just came from a Kawasaki Vulcan 900. Was considering a new leftover 2016 Vaquero, I think Kawasaki makes a very reliable machine. It was very much a back and forth decision because of Victory ending production, but my CCT is just as easy to handle as my 900 was and I'm glad I made my choice. I'll consider myself very lucky if I'm even still able to ride in 10 more years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. Apparently I cant post pics yet. Usually forums require a certain number of posts before a person can post pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome & congratulations. I'm a Victory rookie myself and just came from a Kawasaki Vulcan 900. Was considering a new leftover 2016 Vaquero, I think Kawasaki makes a very reliable machine. It was very much a back and forth decision because of Victory ending production, but my CCT is just as easy to handle as my 900 was and I'm glad I made my choice. I'll consider myself very lucky if I'm even still able to ride in 10 more years.
I loved my Kawi but time for a change. I was amazed at how the x-1 felt so light. Its aproximately 40 ounds lighter than the Vaquearo but felt like it was 300 lbs lighter. Love the top opening bags, the style, the paint and performance is a bit higher than Vaquero especially after I add the stage 2 parts to it!!

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome from CT. These things just scream to be modded. This is my 4th bike:
- 1981 Honda CB750C - 10,000 miles added
- 1987 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE - 40,000 miles added
- 2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 - Bought new, 53,000 miles

I didn't do a single mod to any of those bikes, and I've been riding every year since 1998.

Enter the Victory XCT.

Lloydz ATS+4
Lloydz filter
PCV and auto tune
Memphis Shields fork wings
Madstad Windshield
Painted wedges w/LEDs & derby cover
S&S Cams
PBR300X4 Amp
Polk DB522 front & rear
No Cats
Beacon LED
Ultimate seat
HyperLites
Hydraulic Clutch Kit
KlockWerks KlipHanger bars
Avon grips
Kury Sabertooth LEDs
LED Driving Lights

It's a sickness now.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

I didn't do a single mod to any of those bikes, and I've been riding every year since 1998.

Enter the Victory XCT.

Lloydz ATS+4
Lloydz filter
PCV and auto tune
Memphis Shields fork wings
Madstad Windshield
Painted wedges w/LEDs & derby cover
S&S Cams
PBR300X4 Amp
Polk DB522 front & rear
No Cats
Beacon LED
Ultimate seat
HyperLites
Hydraulic Clutch Kit
Avon grips
Kury Sabertooth LEDs
LED Driving Lights

It's a sickness now.
You're missing something you did not have with your non-Victorys.......'the knowing of me and my bad influence" :devil Now about those Tri-Ovals and a Lloydz dyno tune....?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
You're missing something you did not have with your non-Victorys.......'the knowing of me and my bad influence" :devil Now about those Tri-Ovals and a Lloydz dyno tune....?
Your treat? ??

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa! Congrats on the X-1

Skin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments and welcome. I did put mini appreciate on and tri ovals. Have different mirrors and a 10" windvest screen sitting on my kitchen table. The wind was aweful for me. Ordered a cfad...waiting for it to arrive. Spoke to The Vic Shop..... Trying to find time to get out there and get the "works"....power commander, IAV, timing wheel, cams and 1/4 turn. I'm winging my hands on which can though!! Any advise? My bike before my Vaquero was a M109.... Loved the mid and high end hated it's low speed manners.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
G'day from DownUnder mate!
Welcome to Victory!
what Vette you drive?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Enter the Victory XCT.

Explain to me these handlebars if you will.
Do you cut off the bars when you find the right height, or do you move your grips up and down for comfort, leaving two poles sticking up to get impaled on if you wreck?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Explain to me these handlebars if you will.

Do you cut off the bars when you find the right height, or do you move your grips up and down for comfort, leaving two poles sticking up to get impaled on if you wreck?

Neither. The bars have mounts which allow for forward/back movement as well as grip twist. Add in the fact you can raise/lower them like normal bars and there is lots of adjustment.

https://www.2wheel.com/klock-werks-1in.-klip-hanger-handlebars.html?sku=06012432&gclid=CjwKCAjw9O3NBRB3EiwAK6wPT6MmVlMRxjoeORhNzy2DeajAzImliDHjH_uMKhvmNkjoQttpspLIAhoC1lwQAvD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
13,188 Posts
Corvettegbert

with a power commander there is NO need for a IAV it will be a waist of money.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Corvettegbert

with a power commander there is NO need for a IAV it will be a waist of money.
I dont think its a waste.
Allows to to precisely meter airflow at idle.
Gotta know how to adjust em or you may as well not have one yeah.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts