Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got this noise when shifting into first, but it goes away when I shift to second... Let's ride more!

My wife and I have the Tour out for a week on our anniversary trip and at just about every stop we've had someone tell us they ride xyz HD and they should have looked at Victory. All have been great conversations, one guy said his decision came down to local support and he has 3 HD dealerships in his area and no Victory. Could be a trend? The only negative was the guy in the Ford HD, with stickers, wheels, shirt, plate, steering wheel cover, shoes and HD ink who had the full HD bad attitude. It was a shame he had to park next to 3 Victorys on the ferry for 2.5 hours.

I don't care what you ride, smile and chat with the next rider, and ride the wheels off it. The resale is worthless when you're trading in a bike with a million miles having made a million memories. Every scratch and scar on my bike has a story, at the end of the day it is those stories that makes the bikes value, not a number.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Very nice, I couldn't agree more.cheers

·
Registered
470 Posts
So I've got this noise when shifting into first, but it goes away when I shift to second... Let's ride more!

My wife and I have the Tour out for a week on our anniversary trip and at just about every stop we've had someone tell us they ride xyz HD and they should have looked at Victory. All have been great conversations, one guy said his decision came down to local support and he has 3 HD dealerships in his area and no Victory. Could be a trend? The only negative was the guy in the Ford HD, with stickers, wheels, shirt, plate, steering wheel cover, shoes and HD ink who had the full HD bad attitude. It was a shame he had to park next to 3 Victorys on the ferry for 2.5 hours.

I don't care what you ride, smile and chat with the next rider, and ride the wheels off it. The resale is worthless when you're trading in a bike with a million miles having made a million memories. Every scratch and scar on my bike has a story, at the end of the day it is those stories that makes the bikes value, not a number.
I wish I would run across all this envy from hd riders everyone always talks about on here. everyone I meet on a hd either ignores my bike completely, or gives it suspicious sideways leers, or calls it a metric in a put down way. any of them I actually talk to have the opinion the only reason I have it is because I can't afford a Harley.a guy just last week said they would be ok if they would get away from the ness look and make them look more like a Harley. I told him if I wanted a Harley I would have bought a Harley. and that the reason people buy a vic is because they DON"T WANT a Harley. now the people on what I call a true metric are a different story, they always admire the vic.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I can't understand why folks are so paranoid over what bike to buy based on availability of a dealer network.

THAT has not once entered my mind in over 45 years of riding and owning more bikes than I can think of. OR maybe it's just a "Harley thing" coz without lots of places to fix them, a guy might be in big trouble ???

Geeesh!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Most of the people I know who do ride Harely buy them on credit for 5 or 6 year terms so they can afford the "lifestyle". I have nothing against HD bikes themselves and I think they are great looking machines with a fit and finish that Victory needs to strive for but for my money the XR was a good value and I love the styling and really love the ride. My XR will hopefully not be the last bike I own for the next 30 years or so and I may even buy an HD sometime in the future or maybe another Suzuki or another Vic, who knows. I kind of enjoy talking to other people who want to check out my XR and discuss the pros and cons of owning a Vic X bike. Been getting quite a few of those discussions the last month or so and have found alot of HD and metric owners are interested in the brand.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I can't understand why folks are so paranoid over what bike to buy based on availability of a dealer network.

THAT has not once entered my mind in over 45 years of riding and owning more bikes than I can think of. OR maybe it's just a "Harley thing" coz without lots of places to fix them, a guy might be in big trouble ???

Geeesh!
I'm guessing that you have not owned an Indian as a daily rider. Truth is if you are a hawg rider and know a box end from an open end then you probably have the least need of a dealer. Parts grow on trees.

It's brands of limited or no aftermarket that benefit from dealer availability. Of course if a rider does not aspire to any mechanical aptitude then dealerships become critical regardless the brand.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Most of my buddys ride motorcycles. That's enough for me! cheers

·
Registered
679 Posts
Anybody else kind of getting kind of tired of all the harley talk. It is beginning to seem to me like way too many Vic riders have the mens little unit syndrome. Or harley envy. I just like the vic and don't care about any other brand bike or riders opinion of any bike. :rolleyes:cheers

·
Registered
403 Posts

well said. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
While I have almost 12 K on my XC and made lots of stops all over the Southeast havn't got any farther out in the USA yet .. Will admit had a couple of approachers with a few questions about the Vic but sure didn't that happen Every Stop had a bunch of Harley Riders telling me they wish they had bought a Vic .. Sorry that ain't gonna happen .. I am Happy Owning Both and will gladly explain the reasons why if asked, but otherwise I ride to please myself, not others ..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
It's brands of limited or no aftermarket that benefit from dealer availability. Of course if a rider does not aspire to any mechanical aptitude then dealerships become critical regardless the brand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts