Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Someone in the office today said that one episode took them 55 days to film. Now we know why they had to skip a year.
And, I'll just say I did not expect that final strike.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It was boring and extremely predictable. I'm disappointed. Everyone I know feels same way.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It was boring and extremely predictable. I'm disappointed. Everyone I know feels same way.
Yeah it was boring to me too. Need to see titties, naked girls to living it up. I knew in the end they would prevail or the show would be over. I new the ice king or what ever he is, had to be killed to end the battel and he was. The battle was to long and became boring I'm old and my attention span is short. It could have been better for sure.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
I guess I'm easily entertained because I thought it was well done and fast paced with a great ending with Arya. Yes, I guess it was a little predictable but there are only 7 different basic plots and we've seen them all a million times. This is why we can pick out the bad guy or some other key character in a show we've never seen. That; and we know they don't put a well known (well paid) actor to be a door guard unless they end up being a key character.

My one complaint is the same as others on the Internet; it was too dark to see well. They needed more light on the set or something.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I guess I'm easily entertained because I thought it was well done and fast paced with a great ending with Arya. Yes, I guess it was a little predictable but there are only 7 different basic plots and we've seen them all a million times. This is why we can pick out the bad guy some other key character in a show we've never seen. That; and we know they don't put a well known (well paid) actor to be a door guard unless they end up being a key character.

My one complaint is the same as others on the Internet; it was too dark to see well. They needed more light on the set or something.
Yes it was to dark, but if it was a real life thing it would be dark. But it isn't and would have been better with more light. There was times it was hard to make out what was going on.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I really enjoyed it. As far as the darkness, I think they did that on purpose to show the uncertainty and lack of visibility the characters were experiencing.

Looking forward to next week. Will it be 1.5 hours of setup for the last episode?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I want a DRAGON!. I have had this thing for dragons all my life. I watch dragon movies all the time and it would be so cool to travel by dragon. Just think about a cool dragon trip through the Grand Canyon.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
I really enjoyed it. As far as the darkness, I think they did that on purpose to show the uncertainty and lack of visibility the characters were experiencing.

Looking forward to next week. Will it be 1.5 hours of setup for the last episode?
I thought there were 6 episodes so this one would make number 4.

Might be 2 episodes of prep for the final battle against Cersei and whomever is with her. First; Winterfel must recover from this devastating battle that took so many of them. They might need to find more allies. The people of the Iron Islands and their ships might play a big part of the final outcome.

Will John Snow sit on the Iron Throne?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Whoops, yea, I was out of order... lol

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Not dark at all for me streaming thru Amazon. Yes it was night but I had no issues seeing the action.
Arya was so insanely obvious only someone just starting to watch would be surprised. Such a letdown.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Not dark at all for me streaming thru Amazon. Yes it was night but I had no issues seeing the action.
Arya was so insanely obvious only someone just starting to watch would be surprised. Such a letdown.
I sure hope it stops raining soon where you are.

You're one cranky SOB when you can't ride.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I sure hope it stops raining soon where you are.

You're one cranky SOB when you can't ride.
I'm disappointed with the episode and yes the rain won't go away in the Midwest. Way above normal rainfall. Picked up new rain gear yesterday.

I just find the writing poor with this last episode and I'm expecting more disappointment as the series ends. When they out ran the books the quality of the series dropped. The episode count had to drop because they lost the detailed books to pull from and they had to continue on with half baked writing. Doesn't mean I won't watch and I'm curious where they end it but I don't know any friends that would call the last episode good.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
I'm disappointed with the episode and yes the rain won't go away in the Midwest. Way above normal rainfall. Picked up new rain gear yesterday.

I just find the writing poor with this last episode and I'm expecting more disappointment as the series ends. When they out ran the books the quality of the series dropped. The episode count had to drop because they lost the detailed books to pull from and they had to continue on with half baked writing. Doesn't mean I won't watch and I'm curious where they end it but I don't know any friends that would call the last episode good.
This seems to be the case with any series that started off by following the original books then decided to go their own way for theatrical or whatever reasons.

I expect tonight's episode to be fairly slow. Maybe the next one too.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I suppose it was kind of expected seeing as how the shows outpaced the books. They did consult with GRRM but who knows.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Well they went from rich detail to a few rough notes of highlights and the show reflects that. I'm not losing interest over it but I think if the dude ever decides to finish the books there will be more to it and probably different.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Well that was a lot better and more interesting than I thought it was going to be. A couple of things were predictable but I found the twists and turns sad, bad, and interesting.

Spoiler Alert! Ghost lives! :)

Next week should be full of action and gladness/sadness at seeing more key characters die. The evil queen Cercei must die!!! I predict Arya will have a hand in that too. Danerys is rightfully pissed off now!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I expected more last night and the golden army was nowhere in sight. I expect next episode to be the battle and the final to be the aftermath of it all showing us who lived and what they doing.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Queen needs her Starbucks.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts