Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Last season it was the pickup truck in that episode with the ice lake. That was the big joke about how these late seasons they seem to travel very quickly across the map where early on it took forever to cross the land. Again I think that is more not having the books filler material.

·
Premium Member
13,299 Posts
Queen needs her Starbucks.
I've heard of product placement in tv shows and movies but this is a bit too much.

Seriously though; I would think she or someone else would have noticed something so clearly out of place in that scene and did something about it.

Who knows; maybe they decided to leave it in as a joke to see if anyone noticed or to give goomba's like me something to laugh and talk about.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
HBO says that they will digitally remove that cup in all future airings of that episode.

Tonight was pretty good, finally got some action but it was a lot of expected stuff.

Looking forward to the finale next week! :)

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'll watch it tonight. I read some comments and people were saying the good guys became the bad guys. I'll find out later. I've been looking for a life size cut out of the Dragon Queen coming out of the fire with her babies. I want to put it in my Cantina.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I thought episode 5 was great. Cersei was defeated the castle, army destroyed and many of the inhabitants killed. That's the way you win wars, remember Nuking Japan.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how this Sunday night goes.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how this Sunday night goes.
yes...the final episode of what has been an awesome series....

·
Registered
298 Posts
I’m curious. Who is really Azor Ahai? Jon? Gendry? Arya? I’m disappointed in HBO. They could have done 10 episodes, and made a sensible finale. House of Cards was great until Spacey got his comeuppance, then they rushed it all and fucked up the ending.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah well the rumors online about HBO putting to the money for a much longer season but writers didn't want or couldn't write more episodes.

I don't know anyone who thinks it makes sense to go burn everyone when you already won. Going down the path of everything you have denied to be for several seasons? It's just bad writing. Trying to be all dramatic and just coming up with a mess of an episode.

I look forward to this ending now more than ever so I can move on to better series. The ending will suck. No doubts about that now.

·
Premium Member
13,299 Posts
More than 485,000 'Game of Thrones' fans sign petition calling for a redo of Season 8

Apparently a lot of people feel this season was poorly written and rushed so now they want HBO to do an entirely new Season 8. I have to admit they have a point. It was out of character for Dany to kill all the innocent people when there was a clear and better alternative. It made her look like a monster and not the character she played the entire series.

Lazy bad writing. I think there was some urgency to finish this series as well. Many of the main characters wanted to move on to other projects. It was time but still; they should have taken the time to do this right. Isn't that why this season was a half a year late getting to the screen?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well, let's hope tonight's episode doesn't suck!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I expect to be left wanting and feeling a bit sad about the ending. I hope I'm wrong.
well it's hard to remember a good series that everyone watched ending in a manner appeasing to all...8( But there has been some out of character characters this season for sure....!!

Looking forward to tonight's episode...

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,299 Posts
It was good to see this end on a positive note. Some may call this ending predictable but it wasn't to me.

I guess I was right. It did leave me wanting for more and a bit sad. I look forward to the prequel whenever it airs. Hopefully next year.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I didn't really like the way it ended up for John Snow. But it is what it is the 6 kingdoms where united and they would appoint a leader. Snow should have found the Dragon and flew off into the sunset, defying everyone.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I didn't really like the way it ended up for John Snow. But it is what it is the 6 kingdoms where united and they would appoint a leader. Snow should have found the Dragon and flew off into the sunset, defying everyone.
Or eaten. :)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts