Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everyone. Over the weekend, my check engine light came on and then went back out on three different occasions in a stretch. I retrieved the codes:

Code 0: FMI: 7 SPN: 495871
Code 1: FMI: 0 SPN: 168191
Code 2: FMI: 20 SPN: 176383

None of these codes are listed in the service manual, and I couldn't find them in a search of this forum or the Vic Owners Group forum.

The check engine light has not come back on, and the codes have disappeared, so whatever caused them has rectified itself. At no time did the bike sputter or have any performance issues. I'd still like to know what caused the codes, but I'm not going to pay a dealer for the diagnostic. Any help would be appreciated.

2010 Vic Cross Country

Thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Hi Matt,

There's no book available on code's, so when my bike had a code fault, then the dealer called the head office and asked the meaning of the code, no need for diagnostic tool if you know what the codes mean ??

worth a try ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Hi, everyone. Over the weekend, my check engine light came on and then went back out on three different occasions in a stretch. I retrieved the codes:

Code 0: FMI: 7 SPN: 495871
Code 1: FMI: 0 SPN: 168191
Code 2: FMI: 20 SPN: 176383

None of these codes are listed in the service manual, and I couldn't find them in a search of this forum or the Vic Owners Group forum.

The check engine light has not come back on, and the codes have disappeared, so whatever caused them has rectified itself. At no time did the bike sputter or have any performance issues. I'd still like to know what caused the codes, but I'm not going to pay a dealer for the diagnostic. Any help would be appreciated.

2010 Vic Cross Country

Thanks,
Matt
OK i looked up an old post of mine, SEE BELOW for information ...

LAST YEAR 2014 the following happened;
After installing a Gorilla alarm and Lizard Lights I switched on the bike and got an CHECK ENGINE light,
So I disconnected the 2 red & 2 black wires from the Alarm and light and charging the battery (just imagine that would be the cause ? ? )
Soooo reading some forum post I followed there instruction and read the following error code, on my display, I Google the code but came with nothing.... any idea ??;

Error code;
0 652

The bike did NOT start,
Contact ON / kill button ON / pump is priming, after priming the light comes on, priming complete, then it starts blinking the check engine light removing the fuel hose, squirts out fuel so there is pressure....

Any idea what the code could be ??
PS the dealer has NO diagnostic reader or anything else....

The dealer just called Jakarta and it is a "injector" problem, let’s see if I can find a loose connection...
GOOD NEWS, Jakarta has the software and gave me this answer;

Error Code 652 means Rear Cylinder Injector driven circuit short due to LOW battery voltage,

so I already charged the battery and the forum says the bike remembers the faults....
Next logical action;
Took the tank off / unplugged & plugged the Injector / put back the tank and
START STRAIGHT.....
Strange the codes are not made public, you need some-kind of Vic software to look up the code....
Just imagine if somebody print it out in PDF .... a lot of hassle will be spared.
Great job from the Jakarta work-shop, and all within 3 hours due to the mechanic told me the meaning of the code…..
Without this forum and his members it would be impossible for me to solve any problem on the Vic and only 1 solution to keep the bike stock.... and that wouldn't be fun right? thumb up

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Try cleaning and tightening or at the very least tightening your battery terminal connections.

Vic's are famous for doing weird things when they get slightly loose.
Can't help you with the meaning of the codes unfortunately.

·
13,177 Posts
it you start the bike more then 5 times codes will go away from what I read.
Always use a wrench to check battery bolts. Your hand will lie to you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts