Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost had an incident on the way home from work today, just missed rear ending a stopped car. Had been watching opposing traffic when I saw the brake lights , locked up the rear and narrowly missed the car by going to the right of it, with a steep ditch to the right of the shoulder.
Fortunately I saved myself and the bike and nothing came of it , til I got going again and realized my big toe was a little sore. I must've gotten it wedged under the floorboard again. It's not the first time it's happened but the other couple times was in the driveway trying to turn the bike around. This would prolly be the rear boards.
Got me to wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if I'm just a doofus and can't get out'a my own way???

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm just a doofus and can't get out'a my own way???
This has my vote ... :ltr:

Just razzin ya M8t ... it's not happened to me but there has been a few times where I've gone to put my left foot down when coming to a stop only to hit the edge of the floorboard which has almost caused me to fall over LOL

(now who's the doofus?)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yes , my first and only though might be DOOFUS , excellent word usage too !cheers

·
13,002 Posts
Leave passanger board down then you can't trap your foot.

Yes twice and walked funny for a couple weeks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I think back, I had pulled up the rear boards for my ride home today. Not sure why but that just means my foot got wedged under the tip over guards.
Thanx for the response VJ. Non-Vision riders wouldn't understand. My foot comes out right away but it's a painful experience bending the foot the way it's not supposed to bend.
It's a natural reaction to put my foot down to prevent falling over but the tip over guard is right behind where I put my feet down.
This is my first floorboarded bike fwiw.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
No ..never ever..
my Vegas has pegs not boards:)
your toe you say?...you are wearing boots?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your toe you say?...you are wearing boots?
No boots.
It was casual Friday so since the ears on my bunny slippers are in a V shape (VV for two slippers) I wore them. LOL :rolleyes:
tennis shoes
I suspect that the soles on any given big boy biker boot would still give under the weight of a thousand pounds

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
If I get lazy it is easy for me to get my right foot wedged under the rear crash bar for the bags on both my HD Ultra when I had it and the Vic. Done it a few times. Really sucks. The word painful comes to mind.
Foul things generally come out of my mouth when it happens.
I guess my foot and leg is just the right length for it to be a problem.

You've heard the saying " hire the handicapped their fun to watch" haven't you. It might apply here.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That bike weighs so much you can't catch it when it starts to go. If it starts to go down engage your head and keep feet on the floorboards. The tipover protection will take care of things and you can always pick it back up with no damage to you or the bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, several times. The road near my workplace is sloped at the stop light. Twice while holding the bike up at the light - an angle to keep it level?? - when taking off I didn't get my foot up quick enough and it got pulled under the tip over on the low side. I feel the only thing that saved me from crashing was that I had on tennis shoes and they 'folded' and allowed me to pull my foot out.

I know! ... STTGSTT

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My right big toe nail still wears the sign from a few months ago when this last happened. Keeping my feet up would have resulted in a ditch encounter. I too, wear tennies and feel this 'saved' my foot, allowing it to fold somewhat.
Maybe it's the riding skills of those of us who choose '09 blue bikes :crzy:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well... you see... the Blue '09 was the faster Vision ever made. They were so fast that Federal Law made then change the bikes and never paint this color again!! I'm sure I read that on the internet - so it must be true!!!:ltr: and that leads us to why we get our foot stuck under there, cause the bike takes off so fast we can't react and get our feet up!!!

cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:I agree::I agree:cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts