Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Holy crap! I've never seen it on a bike, but late 90s and early 00s GM gauges are notorious for flipping out. While I've seem them stuck, I don't have any info on what it takes to fix them....sorry man.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have one for sale and it works. Did you jump the bike by a running car. You may have toasted it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope didn't jump it. Happened while riding. Can't afford to wait for battery to be shipped. Main mode of transportation. If this battery is a band-aid then so be it. If I have to get a new speedo then I'm going digital.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to own a VTX 1300 and that same thing started happening to me...My gauge would start jumping all over the place and everything would shut down. I had no idea what was going on and broke out the mutimeter and started checking wires....In the end it was bad terminals that attached to battery. I ended up getting new ones and a few months later it was the same thing. The fix was tightening the hell out of them. Never messed up again. Something to look into.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the battery from amazon today. I took the sam's battery back. Bike fired up just like it did after charging the old one. Speedo is still on crack but i can't ride cuz its pourin rain out. Tomorrow should be decent. I'll keep you posted.

On a side note, tested both batteries and believe it or not they read the same on the meter, 12.8. I put the new one on a trickle just to be safe.

Makes me wonder if something shorted out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts