Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is moving from MD. to AZ. and wants to take his Suzuki 400 sport. He has a car which can't accomodate a class 2 hitch. Anyone ever use an affordable transport company?

·
13,263 Posts
maybe a U haul and car trailer
craigslist

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I shipped a first generation Yamaha Venture from Portland, OR to Florida for $650. I don't remember the name, but all they ship are bikes, so their rigs are set up to treat them well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Don't use Motorcycle Shipping, http://motorcyclemoving.net/. Long story short: we had our motorcycle (Honda VTX1800R at the time) shipped from Colorado to California by them. We paid extra for an enclosed truck and when the day came to load it (i.e., the day we moved) they sent an open trailer that you see with autos. By the time it arrived in California, the paint was proper f00ked from rock chips and the bike had been dropped at least once (they have to move the vehicles to get them off the trailer, obviously) and the handlebars and right-side controls were jacked.

At first, they claimed that the bike was like that when they picked it up even after I showed them the pictures of the bike being loaded on the trailer and pictures of it unloaded with the new damage. Then they blamed me for not requesting an enclosed trailer and of course I had the receipt that I had paid for one. And then they blamed me for not asking/waiting for an enclosed trailer, which I had when the open trailer arrived, and was told that it would take at least a week for the enclosed trailer to arrive.

Our insurance covered it but it was an awful, awful experience. Please let any of your friends know who are shipping motorcycles that they are not a reputable company.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have used “ http://www.incognitoexpress.com/ “ twice. The 1st time they were assigned by a place in Ft Worth ($550 in 2009) and the 2nd was to ship my Vic from Mississippi to Las Vegas ($800 in Feb 2013). I was surprised the second time in the cost increase, they told me it went up due to insurance increase, fuel, etc. Of course it was a further trip the 2nd time.

Both time they did a great job; they were on time, good communication, no damage, used an enclosed trailer. I would recommend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for all of the responses. I had checked a carrier today and they wanted $800. I never thought of getting a U haul to carry the bike and pull the car. I'll have to check the price. Again thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts