Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well was in Daytona for bike week Tue and Wed. We were over @ J&P and now I know what Indian is going to do with left over Vic parts.

Attachments

Reactions: Judge Redd

·
Registered
321 Posts
:grin:ltr:

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Now that is a good looking CC Indian, ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
96 Posts
It seems like Polaris (without telling anyone) decided to merge Victory & Indian. That's most probably why Polaris didn't sell the Victory manufacturing to another bike maker. They had planned all along to merge Victory with Indian thinking if they used the "classic" Indian name it would sell more bikes. IMHO Polaris, made a tremendous error. It absolutely alienated its very loyal Victory customer base. They still will never compete with Harley no matter how they package their bikes. Victory & Indian motorcycle owners will always be a niche group. But that niche group of Victory owners would have been extremely loyal customer base buying bikes and accessories for many years to come. Indian owners on the other hand, I don't know. I guess we'll all find out when Polaris drops Indian in a few years.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy and I went on over to the Yamaha demo area. Rode that there new Venture touring bike. IF I were in market it would be one of the bikes I would be looking at. Very nicely balanced bike. And with a "dual mode" button certainly had some scoot in the sport mode.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Someone had fun with a hodgepodge of Victory, Indian, and Harley parts.

The really crazy thing is it looks like something the general riding public would like... a lot!

Good wind protection, very comfy looking seat and back rest, water-cooled, and nice big oversized saddlebags.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I believe the name on the saddlebags is Arlen Ness.
And he did like his Vic.

·
13,262 Posts
Harley bags with Ness's big rotors. The bike is a waste of money

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Agree.

The Polaris Scout (Octane) is a small bike. Adding the Cross bike fairing and those bags is a bit (a lot too) much. It ends up reminding me more of Ridley than anything else. A 1/2 to 3/4 scale sized bike. Most people over 5'5" look rather silly on these bikes.

"Does this bike make me look bigger?" "Yes, yes it most certainly does."

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
The Polaris Scout (Octane) is a small bike. Adding the Cross bike fairing and those bags is a bit (a lot too) much. It ends up reminding me more of Ridley than anything else. A 1/2 to 3/4 scale sized bike. Most people over 5'5" look rather silly on these bikes.

"Does this bike make me look bigger?" "Yes, yes it most certainly does."
Funny you should say that. When I went on a test ride a few years ago there was also a big guy, probably in the 6' 350+ lb range who looked like the proverbial "monkey humping a football" on the Scout but he had nothing but good things to say about it after the ride. He even commented he planned on getting one. I kept my mouth shut but wanted to say he would likely want something that fit his size not long after getting the bike which I'm sure is what happened if he did indeed get one.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
They look like the oversized aftermarket Harley bags to me but it's hard to tell for sure in the pics. The oversized bags would give the back end more width to match with the fairing on the front.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
and a Waste of Taste!:grin
I disagree. I think there's a market out there for a fairing bagger with a water-cooled engine. Not only that, two models, one about the size of the scout for smaller peeps and a standard size model for those who are 5'9" and taller.

I don't know if you guys ever rode a Scout or Octane but they have a butt load of power right out of the gate. I personally wouldn't feel a need to increase it with cams although I'd probably do the standard basics with a tune, air filter, and pipes.

Mark mentioned the Ridley. There was a market for those too but they weren't reliable enough to own. The Scout/Octane base model is.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I disagree. I think there's a market out there for a fairing bagger with a water-cooled engine. Not only that, two models, one about the size of the scout for smaller peeps and a standard size model for those who are 5'9" and taller.

I don't know if you guys ever rode a Scout or Octane but they have a butt load of power right out of the gate. I personally wouldn't feel a need to increase it with cams although I'd probably do the standard basics with a tune, air filter, and pipes.

Mark mentioned the Ridley. There was a market for those too but they weren't reliable enough to own. The Scout/Octane base model is.
Yeah...but look at it!....bad taste

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Now that is in the eye of the beer holder...

I could do without those particular graphics but the rest isn't bad at all IMHO.
This looks a lot better:devil
Cant debate any more as its 228am and past my bedtime:angel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
tested but NOT

i rode my 2012 bonneville up to a Vic-Injun dealer in state college ,Pa title + checkbook with me, it looked good but smallish + i am only 5-8 + 160, yes it was peppy but its crappy suspension + brakes, kenda tyres included = NO deal. i must agree Victory made some great lookin + performing bikes!!

·
13,262 Posts
with that fairing and bags maybe loaded I wouldn't think it would get to 70 mph driving into the wind

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont know as the resistance would be much different than the XC. Water cooled would be a plus I think. I put quite a few miles touring on my 900 Vulcan with a fairing and soft bags, both single and 2 up. It needs a bit more power. But I have rode the Scout and think it has way better power than my 900 did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts