Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Excessive engine vibration

4K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  BadBoyZ 
#1 ·
My '09 Jack shivers when the rpms go over 1500. Gets real nasty if I bury the throttle. Put a PCV on it and had it dyno'd, but no diff. Cam chain tensioners? Balancer?

#3 ·
My '09 Jack shivers when the rpms go over 1500. Gets real nasty if I bury the throttle. Put a PCV on it and had it dyno'd, but no diff. Cam chain tensioners? Balancer?
If the vibration is also in neutral it would be created from the engine

If it is only when riding it could be from something else, even a broken wheel bearing, or loose front pulley, etc etc etc....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#4 ·
are you feeling the vibration in the front or the rear? Is it excessive in the floorboards?
You're really not telling us much. What have you check and did you just wiggle with your hand or really try to see if its loose?

#7 ·
It's in the engine. Feels like riding on steel wheels, and it thumps at idle too. Over 2000 rpms it feels like the engine is going to jump out of the frame. Something's loose in there.
Is it running on 1 cylinder?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#8 ·
Check the timing wheel, there were cases of that locking bolt snaped-off or fall out, I cannot remember, that can damage the engine servere due to the chain etc....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#14 ·
Done a while back. Cleaned throttle body, synced butterflies, check for vac leaks, compression test. All o.k..
So you put a
PVC & Dyno
Throttle body
Touched butterflies valves
Compression test
Timing wheel

Hmmmmmmm seems there is a slight chance there is nothing wrong with your engine.... It MUST be a simple thing that's doing this to your bike.

When I upgraded all my bolts-ons my self for some reason my injector failed on 1 cylinder, it was a sunovabeach to find that, so the engine ran terrible, and I got a low voltage on that injector, etc etc...

So I unplugged it & cleaned it and it was running normal again, took 12 hours to find but the fix was 12 second, hi hi

Most time people overcomplicate the core of the problem, it's easy to get sidetracked , it is easy to think it must be something completely different like a engine problem or worn cam, etc

all I do is trouble shouting on really big jackups, so I listen to all the information they give me, read the 300 emails, and most time I find the problem in a area they never thought off

Hope I did not overflow you or offended you.... please keep us updated , we all want to learn and support our fellow vic riders

Also I like what @visionjohnny said, can you wiggle the engine?

Is the fuel hose connected untill it clicked, undo the 2 sides and click it back, IAV can be blocked? Or kinked IAV hose, etc etc

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#11 ·
There was 1 case of the cams being 180 degree off, no damage to the engine, but it ran like crap,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#12 ·
Going to check the tensioners and TDC to see if one of the chains might have jumped a tooth. Shop that did the dyno suggested that it might need a new balancer, which means a complete teardown. Cheaper to find another engine.

#17 ·
Wow! Just looked up injector pricing and $250 a piece. Not gonna happen.
Apparently injectors don't fail on victory, I took mine out, it was VERRY difficult, pressure tester it and analyse the spray pattern, they were fine

Bought new Orings and reinstalled them, I did break a very very small fuel rail notch that locks it into position, I almost cried,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#18 ·
there is a shop that rebuilds injectors. Google it. If injectors were bad you would have one bad plug I think.
I don't know if you said going down the road and you pull in clutch am guessing no vibration.
Have you checked things like swingarm bushings wheel bearing triple tree bearings?
You said you synced the butterflies how did you do that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.