Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious, I am a long time Suzuki owner and typically you do not have to reprogram or buy a power commander if you are just changing your exhaust. With the Suzuki's it is not necessary until you change your intake and air filter. This always made sense to me because you are not letting any more air in. So is it necessary to do this on a 08 Victory Vegas Low or will the O2 sensors compensate for it? If it matters I am installing a set of Arlen Ness Slashness.

·
Registered
173 Posts
you'll need to get your Fuel injection remapped with any exhaust change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with tech support from Arlen Ness and they told me that it was preffered but not necessary unless you have back firing problems. He did however state that once you go with a ventilated air breather and filter the O2 sensors would not be able to compensate. I still think I will be getting the programmer since I do plan on further upgrades.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just got off the phone with tech support from Arlen Ness and they told me that it was preffered but not necessary unless you have back firing problems. He did however state that once you go with a ventilated air breather and filter the O2 sensors would not be able to compensate. I still think I will be getting the programmer since I do plan on further upgrades.
that's right, getting a fuel controller is the same thing as a remap. without you'll be running way to lean. if ya really want to do it right go to thevmc.com and do a search. you'll be able to find the correct settings for your set up without having to pull your hair out. good luck and ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts