Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dag gonnitt. i want full length shotgun style exhaust for my highball, and all there seems to be out there is swept rippers or shorty pipes. what the hell!!!

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
dag gonnitt. i want full length shotgun style exhaust for my highball, and all there seems to be out there is swept rippers or shorty pipes. what the hell!!!

I see that victory makes one for the 2012 highball (2876423-156). The image is above cant really find any other ones. the price on this one is $719.99 and retails at $899.99. This also comes in black. Hope you find one you like!thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Strange...

At Victory the "Shotgun" pipes are drag pipe style and the "Drag Pipes" are Shotgun style...
Backasswards again...

Hello! Calling Victory!!!! THESE are shotgun pipes:

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Strange...

At Victory the "Shotgun" pipes are drag pipe style and the "Drag Pipes" are Shotgun style...
Backasswards again...

Hello! Calling Victory!!!! THESE are shotgun pipes:

You know its funny i was just asking someone else here that. Also in the 2012 book they say there is a drag system for the highball. But no where in the book is a part number for that. I hope that the next book is 10 times better then the last two. Those are only dreams though.... I am going to ask Polaris about this to see what they say.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Pipe selection sucks for our bikes without a doubt. You could contact Hard Krome about sending you a set of American Classics or Strippers without plating and send them to a powdercoater for the blacked out treatment. BTW, the difference between the two pipes is that the Strippers come without tips and the Classics have them.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Lousy product application info...

You know its funny i was just asking someone else here that. Also in the 2012 book they say there is a drag system for the highball. But no where in the book is a part number for that. I hope that the next book is 10 times better then the last two. Those are only dreams though.... I am going to ask Polaris about this to see what they say.
While you are at it, mention to them that their pictures and descriptions of accessories are worse than terrible. I can see the limiting pictures in printed materials, but online, they would sell a LOT more if they had decent shots of how windscreens mount, what their deflection angles and heights are and how they look mounted, from a couple of angles. My dealer is small and is not familiar with some of the products (especially for more rare models like HamS), so naturally I turn to Polaris for answers...and they are NOT forthcoming.

I am speaking particularly of the clever windscreen that accepts the passenger pillion cowl/cover. At first, I thought it was just a bracket, but then found out that it is an entire windshield of its own, to which, the cowl attaches. Great idea but lousy communication.

In sum, if they go to the trouble to design and engineer and price heftily these accessories, they ought to do a better job of showing their APPLICATION.

Thx for listening and hopefully, relaying. wac

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
While you are at it, mention to them that their pictures and descriptions of accessories are worse than terrible. I can see the limiting pictures in printed materials, but online, they would sell a LOT more if they had decent shots of how windscreens mount, what their deflection angles and heights are and how they look mounted, from a couple of angles. My dealer is small and is not familiar with some of the products (especially for more rare models like HamS), so naturally I turn to Polaris for answers...and they are NOT forthcoming.

I am speaking particularly of the clever windscreen that accepts the passenger pillion. At first, I thought it was just a bracket, but then found out that it is an entire windshield of its own, to which, the cowl attaches. Great idea but lousy communication.

In sum, if they go to the trouble to design and engineer and price heftily these accessories, they ought to do a better job of showing their APPLICATION.

Thx for listening and hopefully, relaying. wac

I agree with you on this. Also makes the dealer look bad when a customer ask what it is and you have no idea. Nor can you find it in their books. I am putting on hope on next years book being better. As for the exhaust thing with the books saying there is a Darg pipe for the 2012 Highball. I asked Polaris about it and got an answer this morning. Its soo detailed that i had to put it in here for everyone to read. This is what they told me about it "We do not offer a drag exhaust for the MY12 units." Nothing more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts