Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed Conquest Custom's Ground Pounder exhaust and love them. When I removed the stock exhaust, there's a bracket that held the mufflers in place that now sticks out like a sore thumb. Am I able to remove it? The picture below isn't my bike, but shows the bracket I'm talking about, to the left of the exhaust tips. Thanks as always.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Remove bracket and cut section of frame if no intention of going back to stock.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can absolutely get rid of that bracket and cut the frame right before the bend upwards. You can get end-caps to close off that section of the frame tube. Just remember that you're stuck with that modification unless you purchase a new/used right-side frame mount piece. I know some people keep them so they can return the bike to stock someday...but let's be real...with Vic shuttering their doors, you're better off riding your Hammer until it can't be ridden anymore as no one is likely going to give you much in trade or purchase a few more years down the road.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
It's not "THE FRAME". It's just a non-structural, bolt-on section that gives a place to attach the foot controls. Unbolt it, cut it off with a hacksaw, and go to Lowe's or Home Depot in the big blue drawers and get a pipe cap for the end for a couple of bucks. Glue it in, spray it black... done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
This is were I cut it

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts