Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So trying to decide on which pipes to install on my jackpot, Ive narrowed down all my choice to a select few. rpw slash, rpw big slash, the hacker rippers, hacker jokers or the x-bow vic pipes. I know the rpw are a popular choice around here, has anyone tryed the rpw and hackers?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any opinions?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a fan of the Hacker company, it's product, and customer service both have a bad rep; for a good reason
why is that?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have the rpw Thor on my pin I love em

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the Big Slash, and LOVE it ! Best sounding pipe I have ever owned. I had two Harleys with several sets of pipes, including a Thunderheader which until I bought this RPW Big slash was my favorite, and none of them sounded as good as this pipe. And, trust me, I am picky about the way a V twin sounds.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on the big slash do they have to cut the part of the frame like on the rpw slash??

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the slash and am very happy with them. Don't let the frame cut scare you, it is very easy with a dremmel tool or similar cut off tool. If you have any questions about this exhaust I am happy to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a set of Hacker Zoomies on my Highball that I've had for about a month or so and I absolutely love them. Sound mean and look great. As far as the product quality I don't have any issues there, and cost couldn't be beat. I will agree on the customer service aspect they could use some work. My biggest complaint about them was that they told me 3-5 weeks to receive it and for me it was more like 7-8. Honestly it wouldn't have even been that big of an issue about the wait if they would of been upfront about the actual expectation and timing. I called twice throughout the wait time and I was told should be shipping this week or next and always felt like I never was really getting an honest answer. Almost as if they were worried I was going to cancel my order because it was a taking longer then anticipated. Other then that I thought they were helpful in answering any questions I had when I was tuning the bike and installing the pipes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had an old sportster head bolt cap and it fit snugly in the cut frame hole and looks factory. I am running some sort of drag pikes and love the sound, 2 inch ID.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O yea that looks good, I think I'm kind of stuck on the big slash love the sound of them. Also looks like I'm going to be getting the lloyds vfc 3, heard its better to just get that then the re-flash.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just had my rpw big slash installed today at a vic dealer! I went there to check them out and they look and sound sick!!! They sound like a 60s muscle car!!! I couldnt bring bike home ,i didnt have a ride up to the dealer but i will get it tommorrow!! If you want i will be posting pic on those pipes tommorrow check them out!! I went with the loydz tuner and the loydz IAV valve they sound sick!! cost$275 for tuner and $75 for valve not cheap but much better than a reflash!! I was told the reflash was a huge waste of $$$!!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iav? Now on the website it says 08-present so im guessing for my 07 ill just need the tuner?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the hacker rippers and love the product. Customer service was crap. Expect 6-8 weeks to receive them.

RPW sound great but I like the sound of the rippers more.

A buddy of mine has the xbow and de-baffled them, and they sound nice but again the rippers sound better IMO.

I am going to dyno the bike and see what gains they provide to the 106 engine and post them up when I get a chance. They are loud pipes though. So if that's not your cup of tea then order the quite inserts. It's all personal preference and with hacker - the length of time you want to wait..

Hope this helps!cheerscheers

·
Registered
396 Posts
if you decide to go with rpw order them from
METRIC THUNDER for the best price.thumb up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts