Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up an 05 Hammer. This is all pretty new to me though I've learned a ton reading these threads. So here's my dilemma... Previous owner took the mufflers off leaving the header pipes. I am hoping I can find something used to replace it. Will any year hammer exhaust work? From what I've read it sounds like it would, just plug the o2 sensor holes if its off a newer bike. Then I read a comment saying that because newer bikes have the 106 motor it might not work. Can someone confirm?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Yes... 2005 and up Hammer is the same.

·
Registered
886 Posts
If you are planning further mods why go for the Hammer exhaust when a nice set of slip-ons are an option? If you have to pay for new stock ones a few more dollars would get something that would better suit any performance upgrades.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You can find stock exhaust dirt cheap on eBay. I poke in there every once in a while to see if I can find performance takeoffs.

It's usually no, or I do, and they want too much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be more interested in an aftermarket setup over a stock one but beggars can't be choosers. I've seen a couple posted on this site which is what prompted me to try to find out what would work. Not sure if slip-ons are an option. The top header pipe has a chrome tip welded to it. Easily cut off I'm sure but whether or not that affects attaching a slip-on I'm not sure. I didn't mention it before figuring I would be removing the whole thing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've got complete stage 1's that you can have for $75 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Looking at that pic I'd guess previous owner was running open pipes with chrome car turn-down and the bottom one has fallen off.....
Hopefully the bike has a fuel controller to adding the extra fuel required with open pipes or this bike would have been running seriously lean.
Just my observance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking at that pic I'd guess previous owner was running open pipes with chrome car turn-down and the bottom one has fallen off.....
Hopefully the bike has a fuel controller to adding the extra fuel required with open pipes or this bike would have been running seriously lean.
Just my observance.
Pretty sure you're spot on with that observance. Doubt there is a fuel controller but I'll check. It would be under the tank?

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Pretty sure you're spot on with that observance. Doubt there is a fuel controller but I'll check. It would be under the tank?
well mines under the seat, easier to get to to tune but not so easy as behind the sidecover where it'd be easily stolen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts