Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 V92C. Right now i have straight drag pipes. Put baffles and power cones in and still have popping problems. Found small cracks in the header pipe. Need to replace. I found a set of new stage 1 pipes for a 03-05 kingpin. From what i have read, its the same engine as the V92C. My question is, will they fit if i modify/fabricate the mounting bracket? Also, the reflash card doesn't come with it. Since i have a PC3, do i need that? And finally, what kind of sound will i get compared to stock and the drags?

·
13,038 Posts
with a PC3 you don't ever need a flash
as for sound who knows we never heared what you have now and don't know what the new pipes sound like.
Make sure you put in new exhaust gaskets

·
Registered
24 Posts
Were you able to fit those Kingpin pipes to your 01 v92c? I have the same bike and I'm having a tough time finding any aftermarket pipes to give it some attitude.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well actually....i ended up running into a guy that had put the Kingpin pipes on his V92C. They actually fit perfectly. All i had to do is cut the square piece with the 4 bolt holes off of the kingpin mounting bracket and weld it to the existing V92C braket. Worked like a charm. Pipes sound great (low rumble. Quieter than straight pipes but a good sound) and my bike runs like a raped ape. I would have never imagined just changing pipes (and having a generic PC3 map for those pipes) would make such a difference. If you can find a set, do it. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So what year Kingpin did they come off of? Were they stock or Stage 1 pipes? Got a pic of them? Found a set on ebay - says it fits 03-05 Kingpin. They are slashcut full system. Is that what you got?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep. Those are exactly it. I have stage 1s. Probably from the same guy. He seemed to have a few sets. I will say, if it is the same guy, when he says brand new, he means brand new. Still wrapped in packing material, and bag of parts sealed. Get a thing of goo gone. The packing stuff stuck to my heat shields due to it being wrapped in it for 10+ years. But a little elbow gease took it right off. I will try to get a good pic when i get a chance. But just 1 precaution. They are a BITCH to put on. Definitely not a 1 man job. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts