Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to a local Vic dealer yesterday for a set of exhaust gaskets so I could put my new pipe on. The guy told me he didn't have any for the 09 Kingpin, only for the Vegas and Jackpot. WTF !? Aren't all the motors the same on these bikes,(all 100" motors) and therefor use the same exhaust gaskets ??

·
Registered
403 Posts
All Vics use the same exhaust gasket size. Victory used soft gaskets from 99-01 which a lot of people use in later bikes as they help seal up finiky aftermarket exhausts, and from 02-now are the harder gaskets which are all were the same. They are reusable, and they newer harder ones can be used over and over again indefinelty and still seal.

·
13,251 Posts
Not to worrie jaysonL when you go back he will tell you they will have to order them :ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Not to worrie jaysonL when you go back he will tell you they will have to order them :ltr:
Ain't that the sad truth! I still don't understand why so many dealerships don't stock the most basic of parts like gaskets. Especially parts that are used on nearly all the models.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Not going to take sides but, All parts stocked come out of dealer 's pocket. Overhead and inventory cost money if not sold quickly. What upsets me is Indiana did away with the inventory tax, and of course passed it off onto the Taxpayer, then when you go in to buy something they do not have it in stock. Oh we have it in a warehouse in Dumb **** Egypt and we can have it tomorrow. Well ass wipe I want it NOW not Tomorrow. So I pre-plan all my jobs and order over the internet. Hey locals you better wake up or you will be like the guy down the street, Closed up. Pissed around made a bunch of his customers mad so they stopped doing business with him. He packed up and moved to Arizona. :crzy:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, there wont be any going back. This was strike 2, and there wont be another pitch. I went a while back and talked to someone there about the cost of loading the '05 Hammer drag map onto my bike. Guy told me "we cant to that for your bike". I asked why.... I was told "because it's not an '05 Hammer". I tried to talk to him about it. But, it was futile. And also.... He told me he could order the gaskets that day before I left :cool: .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts