Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changing my exhaust to bassani took my old system off and there weere no gaskets on the cylinder is this normal ? thanks

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Just did mine a couple of weeks ago and thought the same thing when the header came off and I looked. The Victory ones are metal and look like they are not there. If you look real close you can see the seam and as soon as you put a small screw driver to it they will come out.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Speaking of exhaust gaskets...I think I have a small exhaust leak from my front cylinder. I'm getting a little staining on the side of the cylinder head and when you wipe it off its black and sooty like an exhaust leak. Anybody else had this? Also, I thought I'd read the older gaskets are better than than the new ones? Confirm? Deny?

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Lloyd does a better exhaust gasket than stock
I've just bought a pair, along with some other tasty engine upgrade bits.
His seal much better than originals so I hear.

·
13,262 Posts
Speaking of exhaust gaskets...I think I have a small exhaust leak from my front cylinder. I'm getting a little staining on the side of the cylinder head and when you wipe it off its black and sooty like an exhaust leak. Anybody else had this? Also, I thought I'd read the older gaskets are better than than the new ones? Confirm? Deny?
Photo would be good. Try tightening your exhaust flange bolts. Take a ride and then check again. You might have to do it twice to get them tight.
Not sure if exhaust would give you a sooty look up there

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Photo would be good. Try tightening your exhaust flange bolts. Take a ride and then check again. You might have to do it twice to get them tight.
Not sure if exhaust would give you a sooty look up there
Loosened them re-torqued, didn't look at gaskets. I'll take a pic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anybody know the part number for a victory gunner 2015 belt cover couldn't find it on the parts for victory thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts