Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy just want to get some feedback on an exhaust I'm looking at doing. ....

So...I am getting someone local to fabricate an exhaust for me as getting something sent from America to Australia has almost doubled In price due to the dollar...but yeah...just want to know is it just as simple as getting a fabricator to weld and bend the pipes how I want them or is there any TECHNICAL working or information I need to consider when building the exhaust....I am basing my design on the ground pounders and hacker zoomies so not too much to the exhaust....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey guy just want to get some feedback on an exhaust I'm looking at doing. ....

So...I am getting someone local to fabricate an exhaust for me as getting something sent from America to Australia has almost doubled In price due to the dollar...but yeah...just want to know is it just as simple as getting a fabricator to weld and bend the pipes how I want them or is there any TECHNICAL working or information I need to consider when building the exhaust....I am basing my design on the ground pounders and hacker zoomies so not too much to the exhaust....
For maximum performance the short answer is yes. You design your pipes to match the characteristics of your camshafts.

That said, unless you want the optimum, hollow steel tubes from your exhaust ports and out to the air will still pass gas and sound.

Have a look at your stock headers for starters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na Optimum performance doesn't really bother me just want something that looks and sounds cool...haha and is a bit different...I am not really a wrench kinda guy so I don't know anything on the technical side...like I said I am basing my design on the ground pounders so I am assuming they are just a bent pipe straight through...

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Freedom Performance sharp radius Slash pipes are available here in OZ under a K.
Got em on my Vegas and they sound and perform fantastic.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am basing my design on the ground pounders so I am assuming they are just a bent pipe straight through...
GPs and Octanes have "Hour Glass" baffles in them I've read. So somewhere you should be able to slot a couple of aftermarket baffles in there.

Else just go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts