Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting Big City Thunder monster baffles in stage one shotgun pipes on "06 Vegas. Thinking about taping pipes instead of putting heat shields back on. Would appreciate ideas and feedback on issues with this plan. Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see none! Big City baffles are good. As far as the wrap, take your time and space out your wrap. Looks like "chit mang" if you do not!

Keep in mind they are going to smoke like a mofo the first time you start it up!

Also, do your research, some wraps are better then others.

Are you going with black??

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I am running the Thunders in my Shotguns. Personally I am not a fan of exhaust wrap. I have yet to see a set of pipes wrapped that looked good to me. It always looks like a cheap fix for some reason. Again that is my personal taste.

·
13,262 Posts
I am running the Thunders in my Shotguns. Personally I am not a fan of exhaust wrap. I have yet to see a set of pipes wrapped that looked good to me. It always looks like a cheap fix for some reason. Again that is my personal taste.
Keep this in mind wrapped pipes don't last very long cause of the heat. It turns the metal brittle in time.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
To each their own but I agree. I think the wraps might be a good idea to get some extra life out of a set of pipes that look tired.

These days most pipes have full length heat shields so we don't see the pipes anyway.

The wrap will change the metal as VJ said. The idea of the wraps, in case someone doesn't know, is to keep the heat in the head pipes so the exhaust travels faster out of the pipe. Used mainly in racing until a few years ago.

JMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts