Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 08 vegas 8 ball from a private seller. So far I like the bike very much but I have some questions.

1. It has a black swept dealer installed exhaust. When I start it up there is alot of popping coming from it. The guy I bought it from said thats just the pipes heating up. Is this the case?

2. I've had some backfiring both on deccel and acceleration. I have the exhaust but I believe its the stock intake. Does this have any effect on the backfiring? I've also searched about this on the forum and came to a site that offers a fix that is made for victories. It retails around 250. Does this actually work? Is this the best method or is there a better fix?

I am not a very mechanical guy and do not know all that much about bikes but would like to learn. Any feedback (that isn't too harsh on me) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
If it was dealer installed then you should have a vented cover on the left side, and a little fake chrome thing on the right side of the air box. The pipes are most likely the Vic Sept pipes, and they are known for some drivability issues such as popping

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't know if this will be any help but the Vic mechanic in my area said that the popping might be caused by faulty exhaust gaskets. I asked the same question about my 08 Vegas and thats the answer I got.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't know if this will be any help but the Vic mechanic in my area said that the popping might be caused by faulty exhaust gaskets. I asked the same question about my 08 Vegas and thats the answer I got.
not saying thats wrong but its pretty much just any vic with aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would be interested in the fix that jaycod23 spoke of if it didn't void my warranty. I got a 08 and hate to think I have to listen to the popping for 5 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Batman that was the fix that I heard of too. Its not that expensive and sounds like its pretty easy to install but I'm not going to buy it if it doesn't work.Anyone let us know if they have heard anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was thinking about buying this - Lloyd'z Idle Air Valve has anybody used it? does it help with the backfiring? does it help anything?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an exhaust question. I recently picked up a 2011 Vegas 8-Ball with the swept exhaust and the stg 1 kit. Truth be told I orderded the swept exhaust because I think the curve of the pipes flows better when looking at the curve of the tank. Purely visual, although the idea of more power did help. I've just read an artical that the swept exhaust actually decreases hp by about 5. Is this true?? Are these pipes all show and no go?
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/victory-vegas-8ball-project-part-1-89780.html

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have an exhaust question. I recently picked up a 2011 Vegas 8-Ball with the swept exhaust and the stg 1 kit. Truth be told I orderded the swept exhaust because I think the curve of the pipes flows better when looking at the curve of the tank. Purely visual, although the idea of more power did help. I've just read an artical that the swept exhaust actually decreases hp by about 5. Is this true?? Are these pipes all show and no go?
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/victory-vegas-8ball-project-part-1-89780.html
That's what they say....some of the best performing pipes are the 2 into 1's.....check out Lloydz Motorworkz website he has some dyno results posted there to compare....:crzy:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok, here's another question. I've got the stg 1 kit installed with the blingy chrome airbox vents. I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth it to cut out the plastic under the the right side moch vent?
Cheers
Fixer

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
LLoydz

When I get back from the stan, I will be ordering Lloydz Idle air valve, fuel controller and torque tubes. The IAC, and VFC3 are said to alleviate all popping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
K&n cold air intake systems are affordable, yet very much effective. K&n cold air intake is a very well put together system, and it comes along all the hardware necessary, to install it. It also consists of a plate, to keep the high temperature of the engine, away from the intake filter. The heat soak is very minimal in a K&n cold air intake system, as it is made of high quality plastic. K&n cold air intake systems also improve the gas mileage of the vehicle. K&n cold air intake also comes with replacement filter, along with the performance kits. The price of the K&n cold air intake usually is less than $350. So, you don't have to worry about spending much, to get a high performance intake system, as it delivers better performance, and yet goes lighter on your pocket. intake filter
hello, I saw some of the instructions on how to calibrate the intake but i never found the a/f immed or a/f trim or a/f learned on the display thing for the dashboard. I did however find the maf voltage calibration.
i have attached the data log onto this post

1 - 13 of 13 Posts