Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Exhaust Leak/New Pipes

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  visionjohnny 
#1 ·
Ok, so I got my new pipes from Conquest Customs for my Jackpot. They are the Ground Pounders and let me tell ya, they are called that for a reason. Absolutely awesome, the sound incredible, and you can really feel them, hence ground pounders. Anyways, the rear pipe, right underneath the right mount stud, between the flange and Jug, I have a small exhaust leak. Took the pipe off, made sure everything was ok, it appears to be. It was worse but when I re-installed it It was way less of a leak. You cant hear it either, obviously. I installed the Lloydz gaskets before putting on the pipes. I have only rode it maybe 3 or 4 miles. Will this go away when I run it longer? Maybe needs to be ran a bit with new pipes and gaskets to seal correctly? I am wondering if it seated wrong when I first put them on. How big of a deal is this and as minor as this is will this affect performance at all?

#2 ·
Pull the pipe and get new gasket and new flange. Now with a flat screw driver clean the gasket port area. You don't have to go over board just go around the port a few times to clean out any carbon.
The flange might be bent so your not getting even pressure. Lay it on a flat surface to see if it is.
Check the end of the pipe with a flat edge to see if its even and flat.
Take the pipe by hand and put in port and see if it fits in properly and if alines right with rear mount. When you tighten down the rear mount it might be pulling the pipe away from the head.
You shouldn't have to force any of the pipe to get it to seal right.
Go slow take your time don't rush around little steps can turn into giant steps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.