Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to modify my exhaust but can really afford the Victory pipes (stage 1), but I don't want to mess with my warranty either. Would doing the Thrush or drilling method void my extended warranty.
I know I really need to check with them but was wondering if anyone else had experience with this.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The answer is, it depends and I don't think there is any real way to find out other than to find out.

For your warranty to be voided, the cause of the part failing resulting in a warranty claim would have to be caused by the modification you made. For example: if you completely removed your baffles and some how managed to burn up your valves, they could and likely would void warranty for that. BUT lets say you have an electrical short and take it in for warranty work. Your modification can't and won't void warranty for that. The baffles being removed would have absoluetely nothing to do with your electrical short. The burden would be on them to show that your mod was the root cause of the damage. Then again, whatever dealer you take it to could probably say whatever they want. Hope that helps.

PS I'm playing all up in the inside of my pipes, cutting, welding, etc and I have 4.5 years of warranty left

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rebel, That's what I was thinking. I want my VV to sound like a motorcycle, not a sewing machine....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yeah me too, the stage 1 wouldn't cut it anyway. I run stage 1 and it's barely louder than stock. I couldn't believe it. I been a hackin on my baffles for several days now trying to get the sound I want. I'm close but I just ordered material to copycat monster thunder baffles since my pipe OD is too large for what they make.

You may be able to do a little cutting and drilling and be happy. Some are, some aren't. If you find that nothing you do to your baffles satisfy you, try bigcitythunder.com I hear nothing but good about them.

here is a link to what they sound like, naturally the type of pipes they go in make a difference too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts