Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do you do when all of the common slip on options are only available in black when you have a bike with chrome pipes?

I do actually enjoy a quieter exhaust after years of loud pipes. Nice being able to hear the tunes and not have a headache after riding 5 hours.
Still considering options but as I said 95% of what is online is not going to match my chrome head pipes.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
So what do you do when all of the common slip on options are only available in black when you have a bike with chrome pipes?

I do actually enjoy a quieter exhaust after years of loud pipes. Nice being able to hear the tunes and not have a headache after riding 5 hours.
Still considering options but as I said 95% of what is online is not going to match my chrome head pipes.
have a look on ebay theres some options in chrome,

·
13,040 Posts
Facebook has miller mufflers. Good price you tell him what you want and thats what he makes. His mufflers have produces good dyno numbers too

·
Registered
321 Posts
I hear my tunes fine with my V&H CHROME pipes... It is loud and I think sound and resonate deeper & better compared to all the others, but not obnoxiously so on my 12 CCT. They don't drone like other pipes I've had. I ride with the volume at 9 with stock or V&H pipes on.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I would suggest you try B & E Performance "Atom Bombs" found HERE. I have a set on my 2014 CC and am very happy with them. As they are re-cores of stock mufflers, you use the stock shields and tip so the chrome issue is not a problem. While not obnoxious, they have a nice deep rumbling tone. They also did well in the dyno numbers for my Stage-I. And, you can't beat the price.

·
Super Moderator
4,987 Posts
Real men make their own mufflers. :devil

CLICK

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear my tunes fine with my V&H CHROME pipes... It is loud and I think sound and resonate deeper & better compared to all the others, but not obnoxiously so on my 12 CCT. They don't drone like other pipes I've had. I ride with the volume at 9 with stock or V&H pipes on.

I'd rather have black than chrome but that's a steep price to go down that road.
I enjoying the quiet and I'm about 9-10 on stereo with stock pipes can hear fine.

The videos I have seen the V&H are crazy loud compared to stock.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I'd rather have black than chrome but that's a steep price to go down that road.
I enjoying the quiet and I'm about 9-10 on stereo with stock pipes can hear fine.

The videos I have seen the V&H are crazy loud compared to stock.
They are loud under heavy acceleration, but not terrible whatsoever at idle/cruise.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is very difficult to judge any exhaust system over the internet. Loud is subjective.
Looks like they have quiet baffles that might help a little.

·
Registered
321 Posts

QUOTE=IndyVictory;2527835]I'd rather have black than chrome but that's a steep price to go down that road.

The videos I have seen the V&H are crazy loud compared to stock.[/QUOTE]

Now you are saying you prefer black mufflers?

Your post is confusing. Your concern posted is that you have chrome pipes and can only find black is what you have led the readers to understand and really don't want new pipes anyway. Louder than stock is the selling point!
EOM. Useless thread.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I think what he's saying is he prefers a black exhaust but he has chrome headers/mufflers on the bike already.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I prefer black yes, but I have chrome since tour models didn't have black for whatever stupid reason. There are limited options in chrome in the Facebook group and on eBay.
I actually looked for black head pipes but only see damaged ones so I'll have to live with chrome. Not a deal breaker.

I did a little searching and found that V&H has a quiet baffle so that might be an option for me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I prefer black yes, but I have chrome since tour models didn't have black for whatever stupid reason. There are limited options in chrome in the Facebook group and on eBay.
I actually looked for black head pipes but only see damaged ones so I'll have to live with chrome. Not a deal breaker.

I did a little searching and found that V&H has a quiet baffle so that might be an option for me.
You can always send the entire exhaust out to be de chromed and jet coated both outside and inside to keep the heat down... https://www.jet-hot.com/

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm sure you must have an industrial ceramics coating shop close around. Have a drive by and ask them how much to do your existing headers. It might not be as expensive as you thing and then you can go to whichever slip-on you want.

BTW, V&H makes great Quiet Baffles that do make a difference.

PS. Many times with paint, things just don't match up perfectly. Tell them what you are doing and ask how much to put one final coat on your new slip-on's so they match the headers.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm did not consider ceramic.
The chrome head pipes are not the best looking from wear and weird scratches. I honestly didn't pay much attention to the exhaust when buying the bike I was looking at everything else. My fault. I'm used to just buying a complete system but I guess the Victory headers are well made so more slip on options than full systems.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For giggles I looked up the cost of just the heat shields from Vic in stock cross country black. $1500. That's online at well below the MSRP part pricing.
That ceramic idea is looking better and better.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Oh one other thing with slip on do I need to tune the bike? I'm new to this air cooled stuff. Water cooled we don't care about pipes only air for tuning purposes.
I know right now I have soot on the mufflers so I'm assuming it's a little rich with O2 unplugged.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went ahead and ordered some tri ovals. Everything I've read they seem to fit what I'm looking for and chatting with someone who already has them convinced me. They do happen to be black but for $250 pipes, filter, tune card. I'll deal with the mismatch later if it really bothers me.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Pull the rest of the exhaust and have it powdercoated black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts