Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed top filter in my Vision today. Road to work and the rear cylinder pipe was red hot. Should I unplug o2s. I tried to install power commander but those injector plugs suck. I have a Stage 1 download in the bike already. Would not think it would run that lean to make the pipe glow ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
611 Posts
Not much else that I can think of that would make a pipe that hot except extreme lean condition. I would definitely do SOMETHING before riding it anymore though. EGT's that high could result in some real damage.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My lovely wife got out of bed at 5am and brought me the stock plate and the tools to take it back to stock. What a gal. Going to wait till I go to the Vic Shop and have him install everything and dyno tune it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My lovely wife got out of bed at 5am and brought me the stock plate and the tools to take it back to stock. What a gal. Going to wait till I go to the Vic Shop and have him install everything and dyno tune it.

Smart move! As Clint Eastwood once said, "A man has got to know his limitations."cheers

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Installed top filter in my Vision today. Road to work and the rear cylinder pipe was red hot. Should I unplug o2s. I tried to install power commander but those injector plugs suck. I have a Stage 1 download in the bike already. Would not think it would run that lean to make the pipe glow ?
Yeah. Thanks to the EPA mandates which are really ridiculous in my humble opinion; all motorcycles from the factory are set as lean as possible. Even the Stage 1 download is the same kind of lean. You are correct in unplugging the O2 sensors.

It can be a bear to install the injector plugs for the PC-V. If you don't feel comfy doing it; it's definitely ok to let someone who does it for a living do it. I personally would have them also install the Auto Tune unit. It will pay for itself over time every time you change something like exhaust, cams, air filter, etc. and let your bike run much cooler which on a Vision is an issue during the hot months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts