Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my 500 miles service this morning on the Cross Country...a few hundred miles late but oh well. I used my service manual and went from front to back making sure everything was how it should be. I found my brake side floorboard mount had one bolt that was loose and then I got to the exhaust bolts at the motor the back port left hand screw was maybe finger tight at best the others were snug but no where near the 18 ft lbs it calls for. If you don't already know an exhaust leak will cause backfiring, popping or whatever you decide to call it. Mine wasn't but it was also just a matter of time before it would have started so before you blame a tune or a multiple of other things check your exhaust port bolts. Everything else on the exhaust was fine including all the fasteners on the bike. Belt tension was spot on and were the cables. Now I know my bike a LOT better.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Vindex. It sounds like your dealer did not do a proper setup if you found all those loose fasteners.

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exhaust bolts can come loose but the others shouldn't.

·
13,087 Posts
vindex

after a couple rides check the exhaust bolts again. Not sure why they work there way loose but they do.

You can bet the dealer would of never found the floor boar bolt being loose.

Good job

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vindex

after a couple rides check the exhaust bolts again. Not sure why they work there way loose but they do.

You can bet the dealer would of never found the floor boar bolt being loose.

Good job
Thanks, I also found the two top chin spoiler Allen screws one was gone the other was backed 1/2 way out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What made you trade the harley for the CC ? I must have missed that thread. Good luck with it.

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've wanted one for a long time and the price, tradein was good.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
My bike only pops on decel under 1750 rpms when running ethanol enriched gas. When running at least two tanks ethanol free gas in a row I can't get any sort of popping out of it. My wife's bike seems to be the same. We learned this this weekend . Not the cure I hoped for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts