Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 06 hammer, id like to get an aftermarket exhaust, any suggestions on what/where to get? I like the radius and also slingshot look but I just wanted to see everyone's opinion, thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
good score! i have an 06 in the tribal yellow..
i also have the blacked out Slash Ness pipes on it.. its loud when you get on it but not toooooo horrible cruising around.. i like it but I wouldn't mind something a little quieter for those cruising days..

oh and welcome to the party!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I love my Freedom Performance sharp radius Slash pipes:)
Fairly loud and great performance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Good to know, I've never minded too loud.
me too!:D
oh bottom pipe scrapes...but so does pegs, peg mounts, frame rails, and sidestand....

·
Registered
530 Posts
me too!:D
oh bottom pipe scrapes...but so does pegs, peg mounts, frame rails, and sidestand....
lol, i have yet to have the pipes scrape... pegs on occasion and the kick stand once or twice, but never the exhaust...
:ltr: must not be riding hard enough.. lol

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
lol, i have yet to have the pipes scrape... pegs on occasion and the kick stand once or twice, but never the exhaust...
Mash , you scrape those Slash pipes ..... You have crashed .:D DONT CRASH !cheers

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mash , you scrape those Slash pipes ..... You have crashed .:D DONT CRASH !cheers
lol i will do my best, but i have had a couple of my less enlightened friends who are still riding sportbikes comment that my chicken strips are smaller than theirs and i have that big tire.. i keep trying to tell them just how easy it is to ride the hammer and really enjoy myself without being on the ragged edge but they are still hooked on the speed factor of the sportbikes... then they rev their bikes and i rev mine and don't hear the little whine from theirs with the roar from the hammer. lol
cheers

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Having a good look at where our respective bottom pipes terminate.
Yours is above the lower belt line and my bottom pipe is well below the belt line.
Big difference...
Been thinking about trimming the pipe up higher,
but have been using the road to do it. Lol!
Last time it touched down I felt the rear skip just a little.
But the whole bottom frame rails been touching down anyway,
Same with the footpeg mounts.

And I hang off the bike a bit more too following recommendations on here about weight shift,....these sticky Pirelli Night Dragons just hang on and inspire confidence.

Monstermash exhaust much better for ground clearance for sure!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So are ness pipes still available for the hammer? I have been looking but can't seem to find them anywhere....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
2 into 1 for sure

rpw thor, makes great power + sounds good. in the process of installing mine, waiting for a better stainless clamp. i will paint it black as i am not going to use any heatshields.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why no heatshields ?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i don't feel the heat shields do much, but 304 stainless as used by most other OE's hold more heat in the pipe + never ever rust even when not cared for. i was hoping TwoBros would make their compS for the vic but mostly hardleys. anywho i can add the shields later if wanted but, the RPW black ceramic pipe looks good to me naked, i will post a pic when done.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
don't hide it

when things look good why cover them up? many things don't look good but still get exposed!!!!! dropping to zero tonight thats fahrenheit by the way, nothing exposed outside for sure!

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone use Hacker Rippers?

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
My exhaust stops above the belt, good luck with your choice, they are LOUD though.... But you need loud so people get out of your way here :sly::mad::D;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts