Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

exhaust question

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  PaiN 
#1 · (Edited)
All,

I have had the Freedom performance True duals on my bike since I got it back in '14. Recently my wife has started riding with me and the noise from the exhaust keeps the mic's open on or sena headsets. Additionally a few of my buddies that I ride with have mention that my bike is loud as hell when i get on it. Does anyone know if the Vic Tri-ovals are quieter than the FPTD's? I thought about possibly getting the quiet baffles for the FPTD's but Im not sure which way to go. Any suggestions or IDEAS on quieting this beast down?

#2 ·
I kinda doubt the Tri-Ovals or any other OEM style mufflers will fit with the FPTD head pipes. I haven't heard of anyone doing this but mods can be done to make them fit I suppose. Maybe I'm wrong. It has happened once or twice before.

Wrapping the baffles will quiet them down some. Maybe enough to make the difference and it would be the least expensive option.

#6 · (Edited)
They are definitely cheap right now. I would not count of them staying that way. Once they are sold out the price will start inching up. Polaris must have ordered a butt load of them from Cobra.
Damned if I can find any cheap ones BBob - if you do can you sell them to me!

They have to be chrome ones though! :smile

Russ.

#10 ·
Damned if I can find any cheap ones BBob - if you do can you sell them to me!

They have to be chrome ones though! :smile

Russ.

I have a new in the box all chrome Tri Ovals system that includes the Polaris Performance air filter and the calibration card. Though I think shipping them to you would be very expensive.

#5 ·
I did the mod with the glasspack style muffler insert. I like the tone. Some rumble with out loosing ear drums. My sena even with OEM mufflers would stay "on" all the time. So I have it set up as a PTT. Plus set up that way I can stream music and share.

#8 ·
I guess it boils down to whether i want to spend $130 on Freedom Quiet Baffles of $250 on the Triovals/ and which would be the better way to go.

#11 ·
I don't think shipping would be much more than $40-50 if you do it right ;)

#16 ·
Might be a Minority in this Thread but I loved my Freedom True Duals on my 2012 XC .. Deep Rumble at Idle that gave it the Sound I was looking for , although was loud if really got on it which was guilty of sometimes .. :)

#18 ·
Oh don't get me wrong I love the sound of these things, I could just stand for them to be a little quieter. This weekend while i was putting my rear wheel back on and aligning/tensioning the belt I decided that I would see how difficult it would be to pull the baffles out of one side of the true duals...those things are in there!!

#20 ·
@broggyr should be able to jump in here and help out....He's an "Exhaust Expert" :ltr:

#21 ·
What? Because I just bought a set of Tri Ovals? :D :D :D

Reactions: PaiN
#22 ·
You know why.....the first step to healing is admittance...

Reactions: broggyr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.