Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I've got almost 100k on the old girl and have enjoyed every mile. However, I'd like just a little more growl from the exhaust. I tour long distance and do NOT want a loud exhaust. I don't want everyone to know everytime I adjust the throttle a tiny bit. Heck, I don't even want to change the factory performance profile. It's fine.

I just want a little more sound when I accelerate or decelerate hard.

Any recommendations for just a little more from the exhaust without changing the performance?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've had the Vance & HInes, D&D and now the TriFlo ovals. I find the TriFlo the best most consistent likeable sound and power of all three for my CCT.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I had CFRs on and I loved the sound but just to loud on long runs. I have the triovals now and it's perfect, barks nice when you get on it, but level sounding on the road.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I'll chime in and agree that the TriOvals are a great compromise: growls nicely when you romp on the throttle, but not too loud when you're just cruising along.

·
Registered
2014 Cross Country
322 Posts
Another vote for the TriOvals. I love my TriOvals,
They are quiet enough when cruising but have the bark I want when I hit the gas.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great advice from the voices of experience! :)

I think I'll get a chance to ride an XC with the stage1 soon.

Question: Adding the TriOval exhaust means I'll need to open up the intake and change the fuel mapping though, right?

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts
Great advice from the voices of experience! :)

I think I'll get a chance to ride an XC with the stage1 soon.

Question: Adding the TriOval exhaust means I'll need to open up the intake and change the fuel mapping though, right?
You don't have to change the intake with it.
I would though. Get lloyd's filter and get the bike tuned. More power is not a bad thing. :)
Victory "performance" tune is crap. Get a real tune with Maximus or PCV.

I also love my tri ovals.
New sets still show up online from old stock.

Reactions: Emack76

·
Registered
73 Posts
No need for mapping with just the exhaust change. Only if you free up the intake flow.
I have the Tri-ovals on my wife's 2015 Magnum and have not changed anything else. It runs great without any other changes and gets the same mileage she got before the installation...only with a much improved sound!
I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I made no changes to mine either and runs rock solid.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Adding the tri ovals and air filter combined with +2 timing gear and AFR fuel setting with an EJK fuel box give me the best running bike.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Most excellent! Now for the hard part, sourcing the chrome slip-ons... Thank you all!

Reactions: otab

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts
Chrome tri ovals I saw set for sale not long ago.
They usually sell for much higher than the black.

The black really doesn't look bad with chrome head pipes though. I was running that for a while before I found black heat shields local.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
I hole-sawed the ends outta mine ripped out the guts and slipped a length of perforated stainless tubing up there 2" or 2.5" can't remember, go as big as practical.
Packed around it with stainless pot scrubbers, welded the ends back on with a chunk of exhaust pipe the same diameter as the chrome covers, Slash cut to fit.
Not loud enough for me so probably perfect for some.

Downside was a probable performance increase but that could've been the VM1 Cams and Lloyd's filter I added the same night.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have D&D for sale for any reasonable offer. Just sitting in my basement...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have D&D for sale for any reasonable offer. Just sitting in my basement...

Are they chrome? Do you remember which model? Why did you take them off?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Are they chrome? Do you remember which model? Why did you take them off?
Yes chrome. They were on 2012 XCT. I took them off because I started riding with my son on the back and wanted to quiet the bike down, although they weren't overly loud. I don't remember the model but remembered there were a quieter and louder model. I have the quieter one. It has a nice sound to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts