Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now the vision is on the radar for early next year,,,,,,I need some recommendations for performance upgrades.

Cost is a factor, but performance is utmost. Want to add some to the bottom end torque to allow low speed maneuvering and to be able to quickly twist the throttle and get a "set back" in the seat. Need to be able to do this while maintaining quietness in the bike.

What are my options. I had a D&D 2into1 on the VTX and it added some smiles. How are they for the Vision?

Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the D&Ds on my Cross Road - same motor as the Vision - They sound great and add low end pull. You are gonna love the Vic - handles and is balanced well. cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the D&Ds on my Cross Road - same motor as the Vision - They sound great and add low end pull. You are gonna love the Vic - handles and is balanced well. cheers
Did you have to change the fuel map or add a management system?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
:I agree: +1
Did you have to change the fuel map or add a management system?
If you're not adding a high flow air filter, you don't have to.

·
Registered
545 Posts
So why don't you do both in one swell foop... my fully loaded 2011 Vision Premium already has the D&D Slash cut exhaust... runs super and is for sale @$17,500.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So why don't you do both in one swell foop... my fully loaded 2011 Vision Premium already has the D&D Slash cut exhaust... runs super and is for sale @$17,500.
If it was late January,,,,,,I would be on my way to FL.....thumb up

Did you do the extended warranty? Pardon my ignorance, but what came with the "premium" package?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Did you do the extended warranty? Pardon my ignorance, but what came with the "premium" package?
Howard has a good lookin ride with the bennies... If I was to buy used, I was shooting for a 2010 or 2011 for the upgrades.
There are still some new 2011 out there as well. I picked up a sweet deal on a new 2011 out of GA with a 2yr/5yr Engine/Tranny warranty premium tour, the 4.9 intrest and all the rebates..

As for performance, picked up Lloydz 2nd air filter, drilled the exterior of the muffler with 7 1/2" hole (which leaves the inner baffle in tact, some do the opposite) and wow. The bike has a great rumble, minimal popping (no fuel controller) and will set you back in the seat. If I had the money laying around, would do the Cams and pick up the D&D's but I don't. Im still maintaining 42-48mpg and I don't baby it. Biggest fear is enjoying the rollout of the motor and not paying attention to the boys in blue...

Keep us posted when you get ready to buy. If someone here aint selling their's, we may know someone. thumb up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I would recommend the CFR exhaust but they no longer sell them from what I can tell. Bought mine a few years back. They have a nice low rumble and don't really add much to the low end, but do help with the upper end making it a little easier with the roll ons. There are several that have found ways to modify the stock exhaust and get good results. You just have to research them a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts