Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 V92C. The starter is going out and I'm going to rebuild it. I'm having trouble removing the exhaust. The pipes are welded together which is making it really difficult. Everything is loose and I can wiggle it. But it just isn't coming. The front hits the frame and I can't go any further to fully remove them. Is there a trick that anyone can fill me in on?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some times you have to twist and maneuver them at different angles to get them out. It is not always a straight on thing. You might also have to remove the oil cooler and engine guard on some bikes, and the right driver foot peg? It might also help to remove the rear exhaust first then take on the front? Separate them in the middle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some times you have to twist and maneuver them at different angles to get them out. It is not always a straight on thing. You might also have to remove the oil cooler and engine guard on some bikes, and the right driver foot peg? It might also help to remove the rear exhaust first then take on the front? Separate them in the middle.
I removed the oil cooler, the mufflers and the right foot board. The pipes are welded together with a plate that I'd rather not have to cut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts