Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of loydz 495's and springs arriving tomorrow. I know from the vids that the carrier needs clearanced 60 thou. Haven't seen anything as far as what exactly needs clearanced on the exhaust rocker. I am assuming it will be obvious when I put it back together, but would like to know ahead of time...who can shed some light??

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Bottom side across whole pivot area. Will try and post up pics when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Those cams are a lot better on the bottom end with higher compression. With your S&S airbox it's not going to 'come up on the cams' until after 3000 rpm. The Torque Tubes airbox would help, but compression helps more.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bottom side across whole pivot area. Will try and post up pics when I get a chance.
Awesome, thanks!!

Those cams are a lot better on the bottom end with higher compression. With your S&S airbox it's not going to 'come up on the cams' until after 3000 rpm. The Torque Tubes airbox would help, but compression helps more.
She's getting compression, displacement, and head work. I like the 495's for there down low performance! You think the tubes make that big a difference that its worth ditching the S&S airbox??

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
You think the tubes make that big a difference that its worth ditching the S&S airbox??
You tell me...

This is S&S vs TTI... no other changes. It was raining it's ass off that day. 100% humidity. Look at 3400 rpm -- 11 more HP and 17 more ft-lbs. Peak torque went from 119 to 131. This was with RPW Slash pipes, .495 cams, and PC-III on a 104" engine with 11:1 compression.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damnit man...does it ever end...LOL That's a rhetorical question!

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
This shows one before and one after side by side on rocker.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
This shows carriers machined on both top and bottom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This shows carriers machined on both top and bottom.
If I'm not mistaken, I saw a loydz video that indicated you can take 60 thou out of that entire area...

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts