Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my exhaust today to polish it (I have the swept pipes from Santa Rosa Vee Twin) and when I removed the rear exaust one of the studs came out with the nut. My question is does anyone know what the torque is on those? Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
not sure as I don't have a manual " yet " however as an old vw mechanic, the stud looks to be an 8 mm torquing it down should not be critical, say 12 ft. lbs. max however by all means replace the gasket as an exhaust leak can pose other problem one being blueing of your pipes, remove the nut from the stud and install it back in the head using a locking compound, doubble nut the other end tightening the two togeather and tighten just enough to install the stud into the cyl. head tight without getting carried away, then holding the inside nut loosen the outside nut and remove both, on re assembly use anti-sieze on the threads and next time you remove the nut it will come off rather easy.

steve

·
Registered
243 Posts
not sure as I don't have a manual " yet " however as an old vw mechanic, the stud looks to be an 8 mm torquing it down should not be critical, say 12 ft. lbs. max however by all means replace the gasket as an exhaust leak can pose other problems one being blueing of your pipes, remove the nut from the stud and install it back in the head using a locking compound, doubble nut the other end tightening the two togeather and tighten just enough to install the stud into the cyl. head tight without getting carried away, then holding the inside nut loosen the outside nut and remove both, on re assembly of your pipes use anti-sieze on the threads and next time you remove the nut it will come off rather easy.

steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts