Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking to put Exhaust tips on your Cross Country that are from a auto part store what is the inlet size need to be to fit correctly?
I know people have done this but I can't find the thread that talks about this.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
4.5" diesel truck tips, cut to length

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like them long so I only cut off about and inch.
The "necked down" part slipped snugly over my Big Honkers and you can see how well the 4.5" matches with the stock exhaust cover.

Reactions: tmracing502

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for info

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i cut mine to the length i wanted, drilled the holes and spotted nuts inside, they bolted on like stock then.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
it will make it a little louder and deeper

·
Registered
427 Posts
This thread has potential....I've been looking for a set of turn down tips, but can't find anything. I kinda like the "Street Sweeper" thing....Anyone do this (or have a suggestion?)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the earlier vics(tc i think) had turn downs i believe. from what i understand they are almost a bolt on deal

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like them long so I only cut off about and inch.
The "necked down" part slipped snugly over my Big Honkers and you can see how well the 4.5" matches with the stock exhaust cover.

where did you find them, i've been to auto zone and advanced auto parts and they don't have any with a 4.5 inlet

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if you look at his pics thats what you will find, its not a 4.5" inlet, the body is 4.5, you will have to cut to length

Reactions: DavePA

·
Registered
81 Posts
None of the local auto parts stores carried a large enough exhaust tip.
I just found out Ollie's currently has some for $12 each. You never know what they're gonna have or when they'll have it.
Anyway, I bought mine on Amazon.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-22421-Stainless-Slant-Cut/dp/B005M1ZCQ4/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1439746684&sr=1-3&keywords=4.5+inch+exhaust+tip[/ame]

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just bought mine and they are going to look awesome but I have Hot Vic powercones so they are not going to right yet so I'm on the lookout for some witchdoctors or something that is louder and doesn't have the dome on the end of the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
you have to cut the inlet end if the tip off of the tip, drill holes in it to bolt to the mufflers, then bolt them on.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the tips installed,look good and they gave the bike one hell of a bark when getting on it.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts