Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am riding an 09' jackpot (Ness Signature Series) with chrome slashness pipes. These are not the newer style ones with the heat shields but instead the single wall Vance and Hines ones. One pipe is badly burned right at the joint from the header to the curve in the pipe. So I am considering wrapping them: 1) to cover up the gold/blue burn in the pipe; 2) to increase performance; 3) wrapped pipes just look awesome... My question regards covering chrome with exhaust wrap and whether that's a problem or not? My plan is to start the wrap a few inches from the ends but if I do this, do I risk bluing the chrome where i start the wrap because of the heat differential at that point?

If anyone out there has any comments or suggestions with this project, feel free to comment. And if anyone has done something similar, I would love to here from you. Thanks gang!!!

Dion

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrapping Chrome?

Thanks for the link. I am still wondering if there are any issues wrapping chrome. I can't seem to find anything in the www concerning this. I assume there is not. Still not sure on the effects of leaving some of the chrome exposed (ends), if they will eventually blue as well where the chrome and the wrap meet...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts