Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening fellow Ballers.

I need to put some exhaust wrap on pipes. Questions is, Ho much do I need to cover the pipes in the picture, between the red lines.

I've see 1" & 2" and length from 5'-50'.

:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the same pipes on my bike, I wrapped them from where they bolt to the head to about where your big red line is. I used 2" wide 50' roll and didn't have a whole lot left over. Better to get too much than not enough

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
wrapping the pipes like stainless steel keeps more heat in the pipe for a said performance increase. the titainium wrap is used dry where others need wetting. i feel the heat shields do little + didn't install them on my newly installed RPW Thor system, giving the wrap some thought but i know once on your committed + the pipes life "may" be shortened!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used a 50' roll for my custom pipes... only had a small amount left.

My advice is wrap them dry, get the lengths you need then soak the wrap for an hour and wrap them tight focusing on a 50% overlap. Also cut some short lengths (about 4") with a small hole in the middle and use this under the wrap to hide the gap you will get at the 02 sensors.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
minimal overlap

most wraps recommend a small overlap, the Titanium wrap lists a quarter inch overlap as too much overlap will hold to much heat causing metal fatigue sooner than later. the Titanium wrap is done dry some other wraps recommend wetting the wrap, always follow manufacturers instructions

·
12,968 Posts
Look at the first post this is three months old post

1 - 12 of 12 Posts