Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been contemplating wrapping part of my exhaust (RPW Slash pipes). The pipes are discolored beyond repair, so I was thinking about wrapping part of them with the black exhaust wrap. The last foot and a half of the pipes I can bring back to chrome with the polish I use (Blue-Job, great stuff). I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of wrapped exhaust on a V92. Or if anyone can make on look that way with photoshop or something. Thanks y'all cheers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I think I might go ahead and wrap them. I just wasn't sure how it would look on the bike, but I think I'll give it a shot. Thank you for the picture

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ghost , just take your time and wrap as tightly and uniformly as possible. Use more wrap and more overlay on bends. Have someone help you by keeping the roll untangled while you wrap and wear long sleeves and latex or rubber gloves or you will be itching for a week! Hope this helps.cheers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does, thank you. Someone told me to wrap from the tail end to the front, so that the overlays aren't facing the wind..? All the wrapped exhaust I've been seeing online is from the front to back. Anyone ever heard of this?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Do not start from the rear! Start at the exhaust flange and with the second wrap you need to tightly cover the complete end of the beginning of the wrap, this will insure wrap stays tight. Wind will have absolutely NO bearing on the direction of the wrap / or, affect it in any way. When you get to the end of the wrap leave an extra inch or so of wrap to fold under before clamping off. also keep in mind after you fold over the end, and your wrap is complete, you want it to end on the back side of the pipe for a clean look.thumb up

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the advice Lilmags. I'm planning on doing it over the colder months, so I won't get separation anxiety too bad lol. We will see how she turns out

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you for the advice Lilmags. I'm planning on doing it over the colder months, so I won't get separation anxiety too bad lol. We will see how she turns out
Keep us informed , if you need any help / advice when you do it , shoot me a P.M. Ride safe!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got around to wrapping the exhaust. I think I did ok for the first time wrapping an exhaust. Got the ends off by about 1/2" but it ain't a big deal:crzy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks just fine Ghost , good job !thumb up

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
I finally got around to wrapping the exhaust. I think I did ok for the first time wrapping an exhaust. Got the ends off by about 1/2" but it ain't a big deal:crzy:
Looks good I'm going to wrap a new (old set) of pipes I just bought.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mags. cheers Vindex, I was a little nervous about it first but it was easy. I think I saw the new old pipes you got, those will look good wrapped

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
They look awesome- great job.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Krisd, I'm happy with em. I just hope I can keep the wrap somewhat clean :crzy:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Talk to Mags- seriously, he is the expert on wrapped pipes, so ask him for tips.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts